People Productions | Graphic Designer / Motion Graphics Artist
This job post has expired
People Productions is looking for a talented Graphic Designer/Motion Graphics Artist to join our small but very dynamic team.
We are a creative agency in the heart of Boulder, working primarily with medical device and technology clients. We pride ourselves in being able to take complex ideas and make them simple. Sometimes this involves a pretty steep learning curve on the client’s technology, but we enjoy immersing ourselves in new technologies to create thoughtful and informative campaigns, videos, and apps. If you’re a designer who enjoys constantly learning about science and technology, this is the job for you.
This posting is purposefully very wide and is for experienced people. This is not an entry-level position. We don’t expect any one person to be an expert at all these things, or even be able to handle all of these skills. We expect to hire more than one person - and we would like you to say “I am an expert at A&C, I have just started doing B, and D is not something I can do.” The basis for all of these roles is detail-oriented design that keeps the campaign strategy in focus.
Overall skill sets we are looking for:
- Graphic design for
-- Print (and digital print)
-- Video (storyboards, explainer style videos, etc…)
-- Apps (UX and UI for business apps)
-- Exhibit (e.g. trade show) design
- 2D After Effects animation (like explainer videos)
- 3D animation and modeling, particularly using Cinema4D
- WordPress / web development (along the lines of landing pages) / HTML emails
What you’ll be doing:
- Work as part of the creative team to design assets including branding concepts, interactive apps, video storyboards, presentations, and print collateral
- Employ strong typography skills and graphic design to animate text and visuals
- Design and animate fantastic 2D motion graphics
- Model, rig, skin and animate 3D models
- Develop landing pages in WordPress / HTML emails
- Detail-oriented: Deliver work that you have double- and triple-checked before showing it for team review. Work within meticulous brand guidelines, when necessary. Maintain organized source files that can be easily understood when shared with the larger team.
- Dive into new technologies surrounding client products to gain thorough understanding
- Contribute well-developed ideas during brainstorms and conceptual meetings
- Create thoughtful design comps based on direction
- Contribute to business development efforts in the form of presentation deck graphics and visual assets
- Keep your finger on the pulse of current styles, creative ideas, and trends so you can brainstorm and deliver unique creative work
- Art direct at video and photo shoots
- 5+ years experience working in graphic design, digital design, motion graphics design, animation, or related-field
- A passion for design and out of the box ideation. You are able to run with a project and provide insights and new ideas. You love to “wow” with your work.
- Understand what it takes to tell a succinct and compelling story and turn that into thoughtful design
- Skilled eye for aesthetic, well-animated videos
- Solid skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, and Cinema4D
- Understanding of UI/UX with knowledge of the latest trends in interactivity–from wireframing to comps of the screens
- Solid skills in Microsoft PPT; presentation deck creation a plus
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients spanning multiple media channels (typically video, print, digital), on any given day.
- Meticulousness - you pay strict attention to detail for perfecting client-facing collateral and presentations, and you always double and triple check your work
- A collaborative work ethic and ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Able to work independently without needing to be micro-managed, but knowing when to seek assistance
- Be multidimensional and love to learn. You’re not satisfied with “just” being a graphic designer and motion graphics artist. You geek out and dive into new subjects and activities inside and outside of work. You may not be a master in these areas, but you know enough to be dangerous. The world is your medium and the sky is your limit.
- A stylish and updated portfolio of outstanding work that exemplifies a solid understanding of typography, color theory, composition, 2D motion graphics animation
- Must submit a portfolio (a link to your online portfolio, highlight reel, etc.) of outstanding work that exemplifies a solid understanding of typography, color theory, and composition. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO / REEL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Other valuable skills:
- Knowledge of Articulate e-Learning software
- Long- and short-form video editing expertise in Premiere
- Copywriting experience
- Marketing education/experience
- Experience or education in animation, communications, advertising, film, or related field
When you walk into our downtown, dog-friendly Boulder office you can feel the creative buzz. Our creative and tech teams hang out at lunch and spend time sharing ideas, so there’s always a flow of information between what’s possible and what’s imagined. We work hard, but there is no shortage of laughter and congeniality around the office. That said, all work and no play make Dick and Jane very dull people so as a company we stress the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We live in a beautiful state, and we strive to make sure we all have the time to enjoy it.