Futuristic Films | Post Production Internship
This job post has expired
THE BIG PICTURE:
Futuristic produces motion pictures for advertising, brands and entertainment, and is seeking an individual with a particular passion for post production (editing, color grading, motion graphics, etc). Although this is an unpaid internship, it provides invaluable experience, and the potential for future paid work.
As our post intern, you’ll collaborate with the rest of Futuristic Post to help assemble a final product that is suitable for publishing. The material you’ll be working with typically includes raw footage, VO, music, sound effects, and graphics. By the end of your internship, you will feel comfortable pulling selects, assembling a rough cut for an editor to build off of, as well as finalizing technical aspects of the edit.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of our small, mighty team, as well as a good fit with our everyday office culture. Are you a laid-back perfectionist who naturally goes the extra mile? Would you describe yourself as having a infectiously positive attitude, and a clear eagerness to learn every day? Are you excited to bring your unique ideas and style to the table? Well then, let’s get going!
This seasonal internship opportunity is part-time (3 days a week minimum) and a minimum of 3 months long. The fall internship would start in early September, and conclude in early December.
An important requirement of this internship is that you are flexible and eager to be a team player both in post as well as production. This internship will strive to be mainly post-related work, but if it’s crunch time in production, we will need you to jump in and help.
Lastly, just to to state the obvious...You’ll need to be based in Denver for the duration of these 3 months, with access to housing and transportation to get to and from work.
- 1+ years of generalized post production experience (school courses and extracurriculars may satisfy)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to project a professional profile in-person and on the phone
- An ability to accomplish projects and duties without ongoing supervision
- Versatile time management abilities to meet both quick turnarounds as well as long-term deadlines
- Intermediate base in Adobe Premiere and After Effects editing software platform. Basic knowledge of DaVinci is a plus