Egg Srategy | Internship – Operations
This job post has expired
WHO WE ARE + WHAT WE DO
Egg Strategy is a global strategy and innovation consultancy that provides consumer insight, brand building, and innovation services to clients. We work with clients across industries, including consumer packaged goods (CPG), Health, and Lifestyle, to transform their big questions into meaningful insights. Our key services include:
• Qualitative and quantitative consumer research
• Brand building and positioning
• Uncovering actionable consumer and brand insights
• Brand and product innovation
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for recent college grads or career changers who are curious, driven, and excited to learn! Our internship program is designed to help you learn business operations-focused skills.
At Egg, we believe that the ideal intern candidate can come from anywhere – truly! Although it’s helpful to know a thing or two about general business and basic accounting, we’re mostly looking for people who are willing to roll their sleeves up, lean into their organizational and critical thinking skills and have an appetite to learn. During your time at Egg, you’ll work both independently and collaboratively, and apply skills towards a variety of projects and internal initiatives daily.
• A strong work ethic driven by the desire to be a consummate team player, recognizing their success comes from helping those around them to succeed
• An innate curiosity for understanding not just the “what’, but also the “why” with everything they do, utilizing that context to not just deliver but over deliver on expectations
• A passion for driving, evolving, and creating processes that help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall Egg team
• A high attention to detail, amazing organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Egg Strategy is committed to creating a diverse environment with an inclusive workplace culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value both diversity & inclusion, and non-traditional career paths in all of our positions and seek applicants who bring different journeys and experiences.
INTERNSHIP TASKS, DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
Egg Strategy’s Operations team is the hub of all Egg business and potential business. As an Operations Intern, you will support the Operations Team with tracking and updating the details of all of Egg Strategy’s live projects and active new business leads across our three offices (Chicago, Denver, and New York). This role requires effective time management, clear communication, and the ability to multi-task while thoroughly thinking things through before acting. You will need to remain focused on maintaining high levels of organization within established processes and procedures to support internal teams and support in implementation of interdepartmental initiatives.
Egg Project-Related (Live Projects / Active Opportunities):
• Manage new project kickoff communication, setup on cloud file storage system, as well as archiving project and other documentation
• Manage project teams’ 360 review plan creation, as well as project close out communication
• Track, and once comfortable with cues, proofread project billing details and documents (Estimates, POs, Change Orders) confirming correct storage of project files
• Assist accounting team with file management
• For both quantitative and qualitative research projects, learn the fundamentals of project pricing, scoping, and bidding
• Learn and understand fundamentals of NetSuite (Operations and Accounting platform) and how it integrates with the business as a whole. Progress to making updates in the system once fully onboarded and familiar
• Act as note taker during Ops and other team calls
• Keep team tasks up to date with detailed information and notes
Egg Team & Office Presence:
• Ask for assistance when needed; not afraid to ask questions of other Eggs to further learning
• Offer a helping hand whenever possible, as a way of learning what Egg does and how project teams work
Egg Inter-Departmental Interplay:
• Send documents for e-signature via HelloSign (NDAs, SOWs, Change Orders, etc.) and ensure proper filing of documents
• As appropriate, draft internal emails for Eggs to update tracking requests, including follow up on estimates, proposals, etc.
• Field and forward website inquiries as appropriate
• Add new opportunities and client contact information for tracking in NetSuite
Timing: The internship is approximately 12 weeks long, 40 hours per week (exact timing, including start and end dates, are dependent on applicant availability). Internships will begin in June/July 2021.
Availability: We expect interns to work 40 hours per week. There may be an opportunity for the internship to convert into a full-time position, depending on intern performance and business need.
COVID-19 Impacts: Given our current realities, the internships are being structured as remote, and require working from home. Depending on the state of COVID cases in each state, there may be an option to work part-time from a local office for fully vaccinated staff – more detail can be shared during the interview process. While we know a remote internship doesn’t provide for the same intimate learning environment, rest assured that Egg is adept at virtual collaboration! Interns will be partnered with full-time Egg mentors and provided distinct opportunities to integrate into the working culture.
Location: We are seeking interns to join either our Chicago or Denver office. Please specify in your application which location(s) you are applying for.
Although the internship will likely be remote for some, if not all interns do need to be located within the metro area for which they are applying. Egg Strategy is not able to provide for relocation for internships.
Compensation: Internship are paid at $15.00 per hour.