Water For People | Designer
Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world help drive this solution.
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Designer. The Designer is a mid-level position that advances Water For People’s global brand identity through outstanding development, execution, and management of creative materials for audiences across the U.S. and internationally.
This is a hybrid role, mixing tactical production expertise with create-from-scratch, high quality graphic design. In addition to core design responsibilities, the position also requires a healthy understanding of creative strategy, photography/video management, and social media production design. There will be periodic needs for fresh creative ideation, including seasonal campaigns, events, branding, sub-brands, and corporate partner programs.
The Designer works on a wide range of design initiatives. Projects could include the creation of assets such as logos; page layouts for website (story pages, landing and donation pages, user interaction, ecommerce); PowerPoint presentations; email templates; social media graphics; seasonal campaign materials; advertisements; internal communications; collateral such as handouts, fact sheets, mailers and brochures; and strategic documents such as annual reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
• Delivers high quality design and flawless production of digital and print visual communication assets
• Champions the Water For People brand identity to internal and external audiences, ensuring consistency across all channels
• Manages and updates organization’s visual asset library (Brandfolder)
• Develops versioning of campaigns, asset collection, donor communications, and marketing materials from start to finish, including conceptualization, project management, design, production, and implementation
• Maintains creative processes for asset collection including managing and prepping photographers and videographers with shot lists and photo/video briefs, prepping Water For People staff for asset collection, overseeing consent process, and managing post-production of assets
• Researches, manages, and provides direction to all contracted designers, production artists, and outside vendors as needed, including photographers, videographers, illustrators, and printers
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Connect to Mission – Embrace the Water For People mission and works to align tasks to support mission; aligns own behavior with the needs or priorities of the organization and demonstrates commitment to the mission; show respect and composure, publicly admit mistakes and commit to learn
• Manage through Ambiguity – Deal comfortably with uncertainty; effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture; balance thinking with action
• Demonstrate Cultural Awareness – Understand and value different perspectives while looking for the common ground; recognize and respect diversity through words and actions; effectively interact, work, and develop relationships with people of various cultural backgrounds
• Action-oriented – Set priorities and takes action; has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products; recognize needs or opportunities to act; maintain an attitude of open, curious and proactive learning, continually expanding own area of understanding and expertise
• Sense of Team – Create partnerships and effective working teams; consciously use the informal structures, dynamics and culture of an organization to get things done; actively share and seek input in decision-making from appropriate sources; show others how their objectives align with own, getting past individual bias; invest in building relationships with others
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, illustration, or equivalent work experience
• 3 years of professional graphic design experience
• A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional visual design skills, conceptual thinking, brand and identity building, problem-solving, web, social, and print production expertise
• Experience in designing for business objectives and receiving, interpreting, and enhancing work through iterative feedback
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, and strong prioritization skills
• Keen eye for design, layout, typography and all things creative, both digital and print
• Ability to internalize complex and technical concepts quickly and create compelling design solutions
• Experience creating data visualizations and infographics for a range of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to work on several concurrent projects and juggle the demands of competing priorities, tight timelines, and shifting requirements
• Reliable and accountable with a strong work ethic and ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, collaborative team culture
• Ability to clearly articulate and rationalize design thinking in team conversations
• Highly organized and task-oriented, with project management skills and an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity
o Experience with project management, document sharing and team communications tools
• Extensive experience in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and CMS tools a plus
• Experience with photography and videography; pre and post production skills a plus (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects)
• Ability to learn and juggle multiple software tools and systems
• Oral and written Spanish proficiency a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Ability to travel occasionally domestically and internationally to low- and middle-income countries, where travel is rugged
• Open office environment
• This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
This is an exempt, full time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary range is $41,000 - $46,000 annually. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Perks of working at our office space which is located at I-25 and Broadway:
• Employer-paid parking
• Walking distance from I-25 and Broadway RTD station
• Food trucks outside the office daily
• Dog friendly workplace
How To Apply
Contact and Further Information:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center at workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4342623a-d7bc-4ba7-9bcd-6e7fc087b413&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US and apply with your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
Deadline for submitting your application is 5 pm MDT, Tuesday, March 24th.