Tri-State | Graphic Designer I or II
This job post has expired
Assist with development and maintenance of innovative graphic solutions for a variety of projects across multiple platforms including, but not limited to, print, short and long document layout, illustrations, displays, logo development, and print and digital production, to support the communications and marketing function and promote the organization’s overall objectives. Conceptualize and execute projects from start to finish. This position has a focus on project management and client interaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilizing both traditional and digital design tools, assist with development and maintenance of graphic design solution activities including the following:
• Conceptual Design: Think strategically, understand consumer behaviors, trends and desires and articulate those ideas visually.
• Production Work: Perform design revisions, and under the direction of the Communications and Marketing Manager or Creative Director, communicate effectively with members as well as outside vendors. Includes design extensions and print production.
• Website Design: Design graphic content for company websites.
• Collateral Design: Create designs for collateral materials, such as stationary suites, presentation materials, sell sheets and tradeshow booths.
• Print Production: Under the direction of the Communications and Marketing Manager or Creative Director, communicate effectively with printing services vendors, including identifying and ensuring the use of appropriate and various printing processes.
• Project Management: Manage and execute projects from start to finish including client relations, creating timelines, budgets and effectively meeting deadlines.
• Assist with execution of enterprise wide graphics solutions.
• Support team strategies, goals and objectives.
• Ensure quality and accuracy of work.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging trends, innovation and advancements in the corporate communications and marketing creative industry.
• Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State’s culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State’s culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
• Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
• Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
• Willingness to collaborate openly and effectively with team members and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to create a positive work environment with enthusiasm, creativity and passion.
• Demonstrated ability to seek creative solutions to overcome obstacles.
• Inherent design ability.
• Time Management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
• Ability to perform work independently.
• Ability to give and receive direction and/or critique.
• Able to exercise effective discretion and judgment.
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
• Knowledge of printing processes, methods and techniques.
• Skills in all areas of graphic design including print, short and long document layout, illustrations, displays, logo development, print production and digital design.
• Must possess exceptional attention to detail, effective verbal communication skills and overall confident and competent presence.
• Must possess a keen design sense and the ability to quickly and effectively produce visual solutions while maintaining the integrity of the brand
• Basic skills in conceptualizing and executing projects from start to finish.
• Demonstrated ability to create effective, engaging visual designs.
• Strong people skills and the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences.
• Advanced computer proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Three (3) to six (6) years of graphic design experience in a corporate or business environment.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%, including overnight travel.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Public relations or marketing agency experience preferred.
• Project management experience, desired.
• Experience with video production, desired.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be sitting frequently and occasionally be standing, walking, bending and climbing stairs. Employee will occasionally need to lift up to 50 lbs. and be frequently using a keyboard/computer.
• Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to create and develop comprehensive graphic design solutions, know reading read and critique written materials for readability, and writing style and techniques, and make analyzing decisions while directing, coordinating and monitoring the work of other employees.
• Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will work in an office environment indoors and occasionally will travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.