Sounds True | Senior Visual Designer
This job post has expired
Senior Visual Designer
Do you want to work with a group of people striving to create a wiser and kinder world? We value being of service, a commitment to growth and transformation, exceptional teamwork and authentic connection and being direct and kind. Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in transformational learning, was founded in 1985. We are is seeking a Senior Visual Designer to join our team in our Louisville, Colorado offices.
The Senior Visual Designer plays an integral role in the creative development and execution of Sounds True’s digital product marketing, brand, and social channels. The Senior Visual Designer creates a positive creative working environment, collaborating and partnering with our user experience specialist, front-end developers, product development, and marketing teams. The Senior Visual Designer takes direction directly from the Creative Director with day-to-day input from the Lead Visual Designer as well. They must also create high quality designs, direction & creativity for Sounds True’s online & digital presence through digital products, websites, apps, social media platforms, email, advertising, etc.
Duties and responsibilities
• Expert Digital Knowledge: Expected to have broad and knowledge of direct marketing strategies, UX/UI, web and app design and capable of showing interest in innovating and executing new strategies and technologies.
• Digital Design: Design, create, and maintain senior level web content to meet marketing requirements, customize online marketing campaigns, organize and manage all online marketing collateral, optimize graphic content for social media, online ads, email, etc.
• Brand Representation: Understand, create, update, and represent design for all of Sounds True’s digital channels.
• Training: Stays informed on current digital design trends and technologies. Research, recommend and implement process, tools and techniques that support a creative environment.
• Optimization & Organization: Work with Creative Director and Lead Visual Designer to fine tune process issues and organization for our web design process & cross-functional teams interacting with our team.
• Communication: Attend production meetings weekly, and daily design/dev stand-up when needed. Create regular dialogue with social team, eComm team, dev and digital writers to anticipate needs, solve process problems and create team connections.
• Education: Recommended BA or BS college degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or Web Design. Other web design background is acceptable as represented in a strong portfolio of work.
• Experience: At least 5-10 years as a web/visual designer.
• Skills & Abilities:
o Expert skills and enthusiasm in web design, typography, and color theory
o Understanding and application of UX/UI design
o Excellent communication and presentation skills
o User focused problem-solving skills
o Defining design processes & documentation
o Creative concepting, wireframing, and user flows
o Brand development & overseeing brand equity
o General understanding of coding HTML, CSS
• Program and Platform Knowledge:
o Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
o InVision & InVision Inspect
o Email Service Providers: Bronto / Klaviyo
o Shopping Platforms: Magento / Shopify
o Content Management Systems: Click Funnels / Wordpress / Elementor
o Project Management Software: Jira / Wrike
• Specialized Knowledge: Personal experience of spiritual practice(s) is a plus. Interest and willingness to learn is helpful.
• Personal characteristics: Ability to receive and learn from critique; being a team player; independence and self-discipline; willingness to actively participate in Sounds True’s unique culture; passion for design and a deep interest in web design and digital technologies.
Sounds True is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We offer an excellent working environment and great benefits. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to [email protected].