Sounds True | Cybrarian/Digital Asset Manager
This job post has expired
Cybrarian/Digital Asset Manager
Do you want to work with a group of people striving to create a wiser and kinder world? We value being of service, exceptional teamwork, authentic connection, being direct and kind and honoring human dignity while having a commitment to growth and transformation. Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in transformational learning, was founded in 1985. We are seeking a Cybrarian/Digital Asset Manager to join our team. The Cybrarian is responsible for curating, organizing, documenting, cataloging, and managing all digital assets. They serve at the intersection where people and digital tools come together, so they should have a keen eye for workflows and how to improve them.
Administration/Management of a Digital Asset Management System (DAM)
• Research and help build a DAM for Sounds True.
• Understand file transfer and storage procedures as this relates to Sounds True’s product workflow.
• Institute a classification system for all data/media to be stored.
• Provide support for digital workflows, tagging and organizing of assets, and keep the server and other storage systems organized.
• Educate, train and promote the use of the DAM or the server.
• Tracking and monitoring the security of files, along with developing security policies to keep data safe.
• Preservation via digitization and classification of older content existing only in hard copy formats, such as Digital Audio Tape (DAT), VHS, cassette tape, CD, DVD, and reel-to-reel.
• Managing not only digital assets and their associated technologies, but also all the people, processes, and uses that interact with those assets and technology.
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a 2-4 year degree in a similar technical field
• 3-5 minimum experience as an asset manager is required
• Previous experience in implementing a DAM
• Experience or a strong interest in machine learning and advanced computation that DAM platforms utilize to help organize Video content
• Basic Programming Skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Meticulous data-driven nature
• Analytical yet creative
• The ability to prioritize, organize, and implement
• The ability to coach others
• Organized and well structured
• Project management skills
Sounds True is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We offer an excellent working environment and great benefits including health, dental, vision, supplemental insurance plans, matching 401k, paid time off. The starting salary for this role is $57,500 to $62,500 annually, depending on experience. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to [email protected].