PEARL iZUMi | Contract – Director, Digital Business
This job post has expired
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi:
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced and productive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people who are fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
The Director of Digital Business and E-commerce will be responsible for the leadership, direction and day-to-day oversight of the E-Commerce and Global Brand websites, Digital Business Team members, and outside vendors. The Director is responsible for the successful strategic plan and execution of the brand and e-commerce sites, focused on improving the user experience and driving long-term brand and business growth. They are responsible for overseeing the execution and analysis of: online marketing, social integration, consumer acquisition and other web based marketing programs to ensure digital alignment with the overall brand goals and guidelines.
• Must have a proven track record of strategic business planning coupled with financial acumen.
• Strong budget development and budget stewardship skills.
• Must be a proven leader to drive a new team and business unit.
• Understanding of the global web and e-commerce business and how the Internet works from a technical, brand and business perspective.
• 10+ years of experience in e-commerce, specifically a B2C environment.
• Strategic planning with strong understanding of business financials and proven track record as a channel owner.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong team management, mentoring and team building skills.
• Knowledge of the Brand’s consumer categories and enthusiasm for the company.
• Must demonstrate brand acumen, and proven track record of working with brand teams.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of Internet technology including an understanding of HTML, image management for a website, design and design tools, and standard Internet protocols.
• 7+ years’ experience directly managing ecommerce technology, which includes but is not limited to:
• Content Management Systems
• User Experience and UI design
• Website analytics
• Search Engine Optimization best practices
• Google Analytics
• Mobile Development
• Must have experience working with in cross-functional teams.
• Experience translating business objectives into technology and operational processes to achieve goals.
• A very strong leader in a high performance environment.
• You are a problem solver: you are the most solutions oriented person you know.
• Self-starter and can lead and drive your own team to meet company objectives.
• You are built for the speed of a rapidly growing business unit.
• Represent interests and capabilities of digital channel in all cross-functional business discussions.
• Set the digital and e-commerce strategy in alignment with organizational goals.
• Provide clear and concise digital business updates to management.
• Serve as subject matter expert overseeing all aspects of our website and e-Commerce marketing.
• Oversee day-to-day operations including site merchandising, site operations, consumer and pro businesses and related functions
• Be the process advocate for the web team and implement process change designed to enable the scaling of the business while collaborating with all facets of the organization.
• Align with merchandising team to optimize the PEARLiZUMi.com experience.
• Cross functional team alignment to support digital initiatives.
• Drive online marketing strategies and tactics of our e-commerce roadmap forward.
• Oversee digital team’s day-to-day activities and development and growth for team members.
Strategy & Ownership
• Own the eCommerce P&L with a focus on delivering profitable, e-commerce growth
• Optimize e-commerce assortment strategies, product mix, and inventory levels
• Own customer acquisition and retention strategies for consumer and pro groups.
• Define and execute strategy for entering new international PEARLiZUMi.com markets.
Analytics & Marketing
• Execute daily, weekly, monthly established reporting of KPIs for managing and benchmarking the e-commerce operation measured against the business goals.
• Continual assessment, development, and improvement of site management, reporting and data analytics.
• Conduct ongoing analysis and recommend site improvements/efficiencies and utilize A/B testing to determine most effective path forward.
• Create an online calendar of events to drive traffic to all digital channels and execute these programs.
• Manage email marketing, performance marketing program, content and SEO to ensure innovative and effective deliveries.
• Be the central point-of-contact for online operational issues and drive solutions and improve processes to increase efficiencies.
• Make recommendations and implement site product improvements including feature enhancements, service capabilities, and best in class business practices.
• Process minded, with a focus on continuous improvement; evolve processes to ensure accurate delivery while maintaining the agility of the hybrid e-commerce platform.
• Oversee the strategic management of third party digital marketing vendors.
• Enhance and align outside vendor with internal goals and strategic direction.
• Work with our business partners to develop new digital business practices to expand the brand digital reach internationally in the future (i.e. new market development).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.