Denver Center for the Performing Arts | Senior Graphic Designer
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts (DCPA) is one of the largest non-profit theatre organizations in the nation, presenting Broadway tours and producing theatre, cabaret, musicals, and innovative, immersive experiences. Last season the DCPA engaged 892,000 visitors and generated nearly $131 million economic impact in ticket sales alone. Additionally, DCPA Education engaged nearly 142,000 students of all ages through classes, in-school programs, and student matinees.
“We engage and inspire through the transformative power of live theatre.”
For more than 40 years, creativity and community have been the foundation of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ success. As a leading cultural organization in the Rocky Mountain West, we are actively participating in a cultural evolution of belonging and anti-racism. Our commitment to reflect the diversity and priorities of our community — in our workplace, audience and programming — has never been more present.
We believe that the theater can transform us — and be transformed by us. We invite you to be part of our Team.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to create and produce digital and print designs as part of our Marketing Services team. Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker and enthusiastic team player who loves to concept, design, develop across multiple platforms, and consistently delivers accurate, top-quality work on time. Someone who is team-oriented with the ability to work towards the common goals of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, pitching in and providing support wherever needed. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the projects they produce and the people they work with — and we love a good sense of humor too.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and produce projects for digital and print: including but not limited to email, website, social media, animated GIFs, video, ads (digital and print), brochures, flyers, posters, programs, direct mail, signage, banners and event collateral
• Lead and/or support the conceptual creative process and design development on various small- and large-scale projects including original key art for shows and events
• Execute and produce engaging designs with creativity and a high attention to detail
• Ensure all creative work is true to the Denver Center brand and flawlessly produced and executed
• Bring innovative and creative ideas to group brainstorms
• Maintain knowledge of design industry trends and standards
• Collaborate closely with project coordinators, copywriter, design director, designers, digital team, Social Media Manager, Email Marketing Manager and marketing/organizational partners
• Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to prioritize, manage and deliver high-quality work on time, balancing creativity and productivity in a fast-paced environment
• Assist Design Director in mentoring and providing direction to designers
• Effectively communicate and present conceptual ideas
• Manage bids, file exchange and proofs with vendors
• 5+ years of experience in digital and print design, working within an in-house creative department or agency creative team
• Strong design portfolio that reflects a deep understanding of digital design (UI/UX)
• Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Mac platform)
• Intimate knowledge of the digital landscape and social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram.
• Some experience with Email platforms preferred (Hubspot)
• Experience with video editing, short animation, WordPress or HTML a plus
• Well-rounded pre-press skills for print production
• Enthusiastic, professional, organized, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and active listening skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Receptive to client input and feedback
• Flexible with the willingness to support our marketing and sales team by delivering quick turnarounds if necessary; adaptable to fast-paced, changing project priorities
• Inspired by the thought of working to support theater
• Share in our core values and support our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity, have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and advance these values internally and externally as a representative of the DCPA
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related discipline or equivalent experience
Please include portfolio website address and cover letter
This position operates in a professional office environment during regular business hours. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position operates in a hybrid office environment in which select days may be remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, and consistently communicate over the phone, email and in person throughout scheduled shift. The employee frequently is required to move around the office and work environment, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
In order to provide high quality, culturally competent care to our patrons, students, guests and team members, it is of highest importance that our hiring practices reflect our values by offering an environment that celebrates diversity and embraces inclusion. All of our team members – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, language, abilities/disabilities, socioeconomic status, geographic region, or other defining characteristics – should feel welcome and valued. We applaud everyone.
How To Apply
Please submit your application directly at www.denvercenter.org/about-us/careers/
Please include a portfolio website address and cover letter. Only candidates who include a portfolio address and cover letter will be considered.
The salary range for this role is $56,500-$64,000.