The Design + Accessibility Summit
Join us online November 16-19 for The Design + Accessibility Summit, the essential HOW-TO event for design professionals who need to master accessibility.
It’s no secret that accessibility is currently a hot topic. In fact, ensuring your documents are accessible is not just a good idea: it’s the law. Whether you’re extending your company’s DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) focus, expanding your market to include the estimated 25% of the population who have disabilities, or safeguarding your company against legal risks, it’s important to make accessibility a business priority.
Creative professionals must learn how to design accessible documents that are inclusive of people with vision and hearing impairments, mobility challenges, cognitive, and other disabilities. And those who ramp up their knowledge and expertise in accessibility will find themselves in high demand supporting their business’ efforts; while those who don’t will risk falling behind.
At The Design + Accessibility Summit, you will learn practical techniques for building accessible documents with Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint, and other tools widely used by creative professionals.
– What does it mean to be ADA and Section 508 compliant, and conform with WCAG guidelines? (Note: this event covers both U.S. and international accessibility topics)
– PDF remediation: Step by step to ensuring compatibility
– Best practices for paragraph and character styles
– Making social media accessible
– Becoming the accessibility expert in your company
– Essential add-ons and utilities
– The InDesign to Acrobat PDF workflow
– Accessible EPUB: It’s possible!
– Designing content for low visual acuity and screen readers
– Principles for ensuring your web site is accessible
– Techniques for maintaining accessibility in both remote and live presentations
– Building accessible PowerPoint, Excel, and Word documents suitable to share with clients and your team
Register online at www.creativepro.com/design-accessibility-summit