Dixie Brands | Content & Community Manager
Content & Community Manager – Dixie Brands
About Dixie Brands:
Dixie Brands has been the pioneer in infused cannabis products since our inception in 2009, leading the industry through research, education and advocacy, establishing ourselves as the trusted source for innovative, safe, effective and delicious cannabis-infused products.
What began as a single flagship product (Dixie Elixir) has now expanded to over 30 different products across over 100 SKUs, representing the industry’s finest edibles, tinctures, topicals and connoisseur-grade extractions.
We handcraft every product with pure, CO2-extracted THC, a process we’re proud of and we go way above and beyond the mandated batch testing for every product we sell, product consistency and accuracy are essential for cannabis brands. At Dixie, we’re a lot more than the producers of THC-infused products, we are the future of cannabis.
Dixie Brands – the Denver based pioneer and leader in handcrafted infused cannabis products – is looking for an ambitious digital native to help craft, manage & optimize the digital presence of our brands across multiple platforms. You not only have the in & outbound digital marketing technical abilities but you’re eminently comfortable navigating the twisting & turning corridors of the social media landscape, possessing the personality and the passion to proactively & directly engage your audience to build brand trust, love and word of mouth. You know how to use technology platforms and data to engage your audience efficiently, effectively and as humanly and personally as possible. Beyond that, you have a burning desire to be part of a fantastic team passionate about building real consumer brands in a highly regulated cannabis industry slowly emerging from prohibition not only across America but around the world! Sound like your dream job? Then let’s chat…
The Content & Community Manager will help in the development of all of Dixie’s digital properties and projects including social media, website and blog updates, e-mail marketing, digital shelf, etc. They will also be the point of human contact for our online communities, not only crafting & distributing our own content plan but actively curating relevant 3rd party content and providing proactive community engagement on a very human level. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for and knowledge of digital technologies and looks at problems as an opportunity to learn and grow. Candidate will possess a strong project management background, having in the past proven the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
The Content & Community Manager should understand the constantly changing nuance of digital technology, optimization and metrics and makes sound decisions and recommendations. They will begin to develop social plans and strategies for Dixie’s brand portfolio and create and optimize editorial calendars for ongoing programs and projects. They can take established messaging and create and apply a brand voice to all content and social posts they create, adapting style and tone for each brand. They have a strong grasp of social media best practices and tools while keeping an eye on new emerging content platforms. They will also be able to work effectively with brand, design, and PR teams to work within an integrated communications program. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Collaborate with Brand Manager to concept, design and develop all of Dixie’s digital properties
• Manage the social media communities for Dixie Brands (IG, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc)
• Manage website updates including blog posts, product images, ecomm store, etc
• Management of digital cannabis directories such as Leafly, WeedMaps, etc. to ensure our brands are presented optimally on the ‘digital shelf’
• Design and publish quarterly email newsletter, coordinating editorial input from a variety of sources
• Defines, develops and manages overall project plans to ensure work is assigned and completed on time
• Ability to manage project/campaign lifecycles and report to department managers
• Regular reporting of KPIs
• Maintain general quality of the website, including website availability and loading times, and ensuring high levels of user satisfaction with its use.
• Ensure content is being added to the website in a timely manner.
• Learn daily, keep up to date on latest trends
• Makes timely decisions, sometimes with incomplete info under tight deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
• Possesses strong relationship-management skills
• Application of project management, tools and templates to successfully manage all projects
• Maintains ownership of timelines and deliverables during all phase of projects/campaigns
Minimum Job Qualifications
• 4-6 years of experience in digital brand management
• Expertise in Wordpress development and ongoing maintenance
• Expertise in Adobe CC, Microsoft Office, Google Apps and Mailchimp
• Experience in SEO management
• Experience with MarTech solutions (e.g. HubSpot / Marketo / Adobe / Salesforce)
• Strong project management skills
• Experience in digital content creation and client relations
• Digital/Social ROI experience (Simply Measured, Google Analytics, DFP)
• Experience in or knowledge of project management tools
• Self starter mentality with the ability to lead work with little direction
• Ability to manage multiple, ongoing projects at once
• Strong organizational skills a must
Salary: Competitive salary plus performance bonuses
Dixie Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Dixie Brands in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class memb
How To Apply
Please send resumes to Dave Grigsby, [email protected]