Shinesty | Photographer & Videographer ( w/ a Sense of Humor)
This job post has expired
At Shinesty, our mission is to force the world to take itself less seriously. We make people laugh first and sell second. Our mothers don’t always approve of what we do, but the millions of people we’ve entertained over the years do.
We’re looking for an in-house photographer and videographer who can conceptualize and create industry-leading images and videos that hooks viewers attention, entertains our audiences and ultimately sells products. This role will own the studio and lifestyle shoots from concept to completion and will partner with our design and marketing teams to bring it all to life. If you like making people laugh and want to help remind the world to not take itself so seriously, then we might be a great fit for you.
- Lead the studio, lifestyle photography and videography operations from concept to completion (capture to delivery of assets) in order to produce the highest level of quality imagery for Shinesty.
- Partner as a key collaborator with marketing, product, merchandising and operations to ensure brand aesthetic and brand voice is maintained, proper product and features are portrayed across all photography.
- Support pre-production, production and post workflows including prop sourcing, visual merchandising, sample organization.
- Manage post production processing (retouching, exporting, resizing, file structure organization etc.)
- Manage photo equipment, including ordering supplies, rental for shoots and cleanliness of studio
- Brainstorm, ideate and execute up to FOUR studio and lifestyle photo and video shoots per month for imagery that aligns with our audience needs with key product benefits and features in a way that hooks viewers attention, drives interest and ultimately leads to conversions.
- Knows the ins and outs of the Shinesty brand and product categories
- Researches and gathers inspiration for unique and innovative shoots
- Understands target audiences and business objectives which comes through in final photos
- Effectively communicate creative ideas throughout the creative brief process
- Balance the need for high end vs. agile video production quality based on outcomes, tier systems, and audience/funnel considerations
- Create entertaining and high quality imagery that sells.
- Take initiative to try new and creative ideas in studio
- Searches for the most interesting ways to present a product, while adhering to the Shinesty brand.
- Partner with our production coordinator to manage the product pipeline in an obsessively organized and detail-oriented fashion.
- Create and continually refine photography reference guides for studio imagery
- Stay on top of the publishing boards, handling all photography requests from cross-functional teams
- Highly proficient creative photography and videography skills: in studio and lifestyle
- Highly technical proficiency with digital cameras, lighting techniques, Mac, Adobe CS
- Attention to detail and extremely organized for all parts of the creative process, pre-production, production and post production to succeed
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot. Ready to roll-up sleeves and participate at all levels while proactively approaching problem solving
- Open to criticism - quickly internalizes feedback and demonstrates the ability to put learnings into future practices
- Thinks strategically - knowing how to balance business objectives with humor to create compelling and converting creative
- Apparel photography experience - understand how to show product in the best light, with an awareness of clothing and how it lays on the body
- Sense of humor - understands the brand’s humorous nature and can convey accordingly
- Must have 5+ years of photography experience
- Must have 3+ years of videography experience
- Must have worked in-house for a brand at some point in their career
- Creative & innovative mind - brings new, creative ideas to every aspect of the business they are responsible for
- Experience directing models - able to independently direct models with the help of a marketing art director
- Equity stake in Shinesty
- Relocation budget available (to Denver)
- Competitive salary plus generous bonus incentives.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible PTO, no need to accrue time, take as much as you'd like
- Flexible working hours, just get your stuff done and generate results
- All the tools and resources you need to be successful in this role
- Salary Range 60,000-80,000