Fit Snack LLC | Digital Marketing Intern
This job post has expired
Type Of Work:
August 31, 2019
Stipend: This is a competitive internship position with perks. Qualified candidates may receive academic credit through their college or university and a $300 monthly stipend.
Apply By: September 09, 2019
Start Date: Late September/Early Oct (TBD by intern and staff)
End Date: January 2019, TBD based on intern’s schedule
Desired Schedule: 20 hours/week; schedule mutually decided upon by Fit Snack and
Broad Scope of Position: Join the marketing team at Fit Snack and learn about how marketing enhances an organization. The position reports to the Creative Director, and is tasked with assisting in content development, planning, implementation, and listening. This is an ideal opportunity for a word-savvy, fitness and nutrition loving college student or recent graduate.
Candidates should enjoy a fast-paced environment; take pride in being detail -and deadline oriented; have the confidence to seamlessly switch between self-directed work and collaborative projects; and be excited to join our online team with interdisciplinary work.
• Work proactively within an entrepreneurial environment and with multiple social channels at once
• Define and drive the social strategy to grow audiences and user engagement
• Aiding in the execution and scheduling of content across social media, email and blog
• Manage day-to-day messaging and monitoring of social media channels
• Identify and leverage social bloggers and influencers (some paid) to drive awareness.
• Continuously innovate within the social space. Modifying your social strategy and the platforms utilized as it relates to messaging, engagement, and content performance.
• Manage relationships and communications on social platforms
• Craft complex and robust social media strategies and the resulting content plans and calendars
• Create a constant stream of engaging witty, edgy, shareable social content, that encourages virality and brand awareness
• Be our brand storyteller with a passion for listening to our community and developing innovative and compelling graphics, photography, copy and video that engage the social space
• Consistently track the metrics and performance of social media campaigns, content, and the overall health of our social channels. Make adjustments as needed. You will provide regular reporting to management, but you will also be empowered to make decisions
• Additional writing, digital media, and creative opportunities, based on the intern’s skills
Desired Skills/Academic Field of Study: Major or degree in Digital Marketing, Communications, Human Nutrition, Dietetics with a distinct interest in or knowledge of Nutrition and fitness.
Additionally, we are seeking candidates with these skills:
• Ability to translate complex topics into audience-friendly, persuasive language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Digital savvy, with experience in multiple social media platforms and Adobe Creative
• Attention to detail and meticulous follow-through
• Ability to stay cool under pressure and the demands of multiple deadlines
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained
in daily interactions
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Google Drive
Serve as our internal social media expert providing social strategy, insights to emerging trends, and best practices to groups across the organization including Marketing and Sales.
Deep understanding of social media analytics and our goals for product growth. Able to translate data insights into optimized, strategic, and compelling content.
Have experience in graphic design.
Ability to create micro-content such as social graphics, memes, animated GIFs, and short videos of yourself and others.
Ability to coordinate and produce structured photo and video shoots for social content (with our marketing department resources.)
Experience working with platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, forums, and other emerging channels; with a tailored approach for each.