5280 Publishing, Inc. | Creative Services Intern
This job post has expired
5280 offers a six month design internship within the company’s in-house creative team. Internships are hands-on and involve a variety of responsibilities as well as the opportunity to work regularly with the advertising, marketing, and events departments. This person will assist with ad campaigns, event collateral, marketing initiatives, and much more. In addition to design responsibilities, this person will help with overflow admin work and provide production assistance as needed.
As part of the program, interns will take part in training sessions conducted by various members of the advertising, marketing, and editorial teams to gain a first-hand grasp on the world of publishing. Interns are also given the opportunity to collaborate with members of design and marketing to refine their portfolio and set them up for success in their future job search.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a degree in graphic design
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and comfortable handling multiple tasks at once
- Possesses keen design instincts and the ability to make quick decisions about type, image, and layout
- Great communication skills and the ability to take direction/criticism and apply to a design
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Available to work 20 hours per week minimum (28 hours maximum)
Internship Benefits Include:
- Option to participate in 5280 magazine events.
- Inclusion in the magazine’s printed masthead.
- Opportunity to add work to your portfolio.
Details: A commitment of 90 days is preferred. The internship is paid. This position will be required to be in our downtown office at least two days a week. Remote option available for remaining hours.