Match MG | Strategist – Communications Planner
This job post has expired
Is This You?
The Communications Planner plays a key role as a member of the Strategy team at Match. The Comms Planner works to ensure that the experiences we create seamlessly blend between real life and digital throughout the full consumer journey. From gathering and clarifying insights to creating digital and experiential solutions, the Comms Planner serves as an expert and advocate of the consumer journey, responsible for working across teams to determine where, how and when an idea shows up.
● Support the development of new business & existing client pitches that build brand narrative across both earned and paid channels (experiential activations, PR, social + influencer, email, etc.)
● Define the client's brand and business problem in the context of a communications challenge that we can solve
● Serve as subject matter expert in developing media and tactical channel-specific plans to extend consumer engagement (CRM, digital promotion, out of home, PR, influencer)
● Responsible for crafting key messages and CTAs along the consumer journey
● Translate audience insights into multi-channel engagement strategies with messaging to drive consumer action
● Educate and guide agency teams on implementation of engagement tactics throughout the campaign duration
● Provide strategic rigor to the implementation and execution of creative concepts within the consumer journey across various media channels connecting brand experiences to retail and purchase (experiential, email, social, PR, out of home, etc.)
● Develop consumer journeys and communications frameworks for client proposals and presentations
● Write and develop creative briefs that guide ideation process
● Participate in creative brainstorms - actively bring newsworthy and innovative experiential, social, media and content recommendations to the table
● Design, field and analyze research and develop actionable and disruptive insights that drive responses to existing client work and new business proposals
● Create and manage measurement strategies to gauge the success of brand engagement tactics
Professional Skills and Requirements:
● Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or other applicable experience
● Minimum 3-5 years of strategic experience in an agency (i.e. media planning, marketing, consumer research, strategy)
● Preferred experience in CRM, digital channel and media strategy creation and implementation
● Experience with digital and media measurement tools
● Thrive on exploring changing human behaviors, cultural trends and competitive insights to discover new innovative approaches to developing experiential programs and communications
● Possess an entrepreneurial spirit working both individually and as a team, including leading and educating other members of the agency as it pertains to media implementation
● Have the ability to conduct, analyze and distill primary and secondary research into actionable insights that guide the implementation of engagement tactics across the consumer journey
● Strong written, verbal and visual communication. Have the ability to write creatively and descriptively. Can design and deliver presentations that effectively and passionately sell ideas
● Ability to understand client brand category in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target
● Excited to work with a broad range of brands from automotive, power sports, CPG, lifestyle, and more
● Willing to travel up to 30%
This Is Us
With over 500 employees working across Canada and the U.S., Match offers an integrated set of services ranging from insights & strategy to brand activation to merchandising & retail. We equally value left brains and right brains. Insights and ideas. The pursuit of blue sky thinking, grounded in results. Simply put, we match art and science. By harnessing the power of creativity and data, we create solutions—from digital to experiential—for clients looking for answers, not agencies.
In Boulder, we’re a focused group dedicated to excellence in experiential and brand actions that drive media. With clients spanning automotive, consumer packaged goods, sports apparel, insurance, and luxury categories, we’re ready for any challenge that comes our way…unless of course it happens to be on a powder day, in which case we’ll call you from the chair lift.