MakeMusic | UX Designer
This job post has expired
Join MakeMusic's team of passionate people looking to make a difference in the world of music technology!
As UX Designer you will provide intuitive, meaningful and elegant direction for our Saas offering. Your user-centered solutions, supported by research and data, will provide the backbone for intuitive and compelling solutions.
You will sit directly with the Makemusic Product Team, work in close collaboration with the Product Manager, and report to the Creative Director.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with Product Managers to define user problems
- Use UX research, interviews, usability tests, and data to inform design decisions and define user problems
- Explore several diverse approaches and validate the right solution with prototypes, validation testing and quantitative/qualitative customer research
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, prototypes and the specifics of user-centered design process to product, engineering, and key stakeholders
- Create low fidelity wireframes and prototypes that communicate clear interactions and experiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Minimum of 5 years experience solving interactive problems
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile and web applications
- Ability to collaborate across team disciplines, including VP of Product Development, Product Manager, UI Designer, Creative Director, Front End Developers and Engineers
- Fluency in user experience fundamentals such as research, journey mapping, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, usability testing and other UX deliverables
- A solid understanding of usability and heuristics
- Knowledge of best practices and platform specific design/UI patterns for mobile and web app platforms
- Ability to prioritize your project work with your team, while being able to work collaboratively and independently
- Proficiency in leveraging the Adobe Creative Suite, Miro (RealtimeBoard), Sketch, and Invision for wireframing, design comps, and prototypes
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Examples that reflect your ability to solve mobile and web UX design challenges
Ideally, you also possess:
- Training in visual design with an appreciation of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, composition)
- Experience in designing SaaS products
- The ability and desire to contribute to the growth of the Product Design Team by providing guidance and mentorship
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weightlifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic joined TrainingPeaks, Alfred Music, and TrainHeroic under the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Peaksware has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times and was voted #15 of 100 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
SmartMusic is an award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!