Denver South | Marketing Specialist
This job post has expired
Denver South is both the community of businesses and residents surrounding the I-25 corridor and the organization of community leaders bringing together business executives, political officials, and residents to collaboratively define the future of our shared community.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day execution of Denver South’s (DS’s) regional marketing program and processes from research and planning to implementation and analysis, focused on coordinating ongoing and future marketing efforts for the ultimate goal of highlighting the Denver South region and organization. Reports to the Director of Marketing.
• Leads day-to-day project management and implementation of multiple marketing projects. Ideally including creating in-house content (copy, design, and video, elements).
• Develops and maintains day-to-day marketing content including the email program, event collateral, website(s) updates, and social content for DS.
• Responds to ongoing Denver South staff needs/requests.
• Performs competitive research to identify the Denver South USP among similar communities.
• Revises and updates target personas with the goal of homing in on audience thoughts, needs, and most effective marketing messaging and methods.
• Creates marketing materials geared toward business decision makers determining if DS is the right place to locate or grow their business.
• Highlights business, both large and small, conveys public/private/non-profit leadership stories, and ensures DS’s regional assets are highly visible to relevant target audiences.
• Develops the campaign design and implementation for priority projects.
• Oversees and manages the development of key storytelling projects.
• Creates marketing materials to develop DS’s workforce by conveying lifestyle-related topics of interest to individuals interested in moving themselves or their family to DS and to promote a regional sense-of-place.
• As project member, reporting to the Director of Marketing, participates in the annual priority projects based on DS’s annual strategic plans.
• Reviews, develops, and implements the overarching strategic DS brand messaging, its look and feel and stewards brand guidelines.
• Ensures that vital decision-making data is available and is conveyed in such a way as to present DS in a positive light.
• Develops and defines the most effective measurements and reports to determine if DS is correctly telling its story and meeting its marketing goals.
• Analyzes data and analytics to create, improve and update informational reports and optimization plans.
• Supports the Director of Marketing in the development of a strategic marketing plan.
• Provides project development and manages overall costs and budgets for new programs, initiatives, and areas of focus as needed.
• Works with DS team members to build a robust library, by identifying needs and areas of focus for visual (video and photography) assets by identifying, capturing, producing, and directing freelance creatives.
• Interacts with outside resources such as agency providers, consultants, freelancers, and other suppliers.
• Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to consistently promote, support, work, and act in a manner in support of the Denver South mission and values.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with marketing and design resources including social media, email platforms and best practices, website design and backend editing, paid media and similar.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Mailchimp, Salesforce, WordPress, Google analytics, Google AdWords, Social media ad platforms, Hootsuite, reporting software, and audio editing.
• Ability to develop marketing strategies, content, and messaging.
• Ability to operate various technologies required to execute job functions.
• Ability to research, evaluate, and implement new methods and techniques for operational improvement.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
• Ability to present and maintain a professional demeanor in sometimes challenging situations.
• Ability to perform as a self-starter, to work independently and take initiative.
• Must be able to interact well with others and actively seek out work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business, non-profit, or related field is preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years of marketing and communications experience required.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing project management and will be a multi-skilled marketing professional with broad technical ability. The candidate will have experience in content creation, copywriting, digital design, social media and community management; experience with email creation and reporting analytics using a CRM platform (i.e. MailChimp, Constant Contact); familiarity of Google platforms (analytics, Ad-words) and the ability to interpret results and create reports. Proficiency in basic design software is desired.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
• Must be willing to engage with ongoing marketing professional development and training.
• Valid driver’s license is preferred.
• A driving record (MVR) and criminal history background check will be required prior to the start of employment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is generally performed in an indoor office environment, requiring professional behavior and attire.
• Frequent local travel on-behalf of the organization is required.
• Some national travel throughout the year may also be required.
• Position requires flexibility of scheduled work hours which may include evening and weekend hours for community events, meetings inside and outside of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires reaching with arms and hands, having good manual dexterity, using hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, handle or feel.
• Ability to hear alarms/telephones/normal speaking voice.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation & Benefits
• Pay Range: $66,000- $70,00 annual salary.
• Expected Work Week: 40 hours per week.
• Benefits: Health, dental & vision insurance, 401k retirement account, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, basic life insurance and supplemental insurance options, RTD EcoPass, and professional development opportunities.
Denver South is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age (40 or older), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions), sexual orientation (including transgender status), race, national origin, disability, creed, religion, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.