Colorado AvidGolfer | Art Director, Colorado AvidGolfer
This job post has expired
Colorado AvidGolfer is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it. CAG publishes the country’s premier regional golf magazine with eight issues annually and delivers content via coloradoavidgolfer.com, an e-platform and social media channels. It also publishes the popular Golf Passport, produces premier events such as The Tournament Series, Schomp BMW Cup and the Mountain Golf Experience. Colorado AvidGolfer is the Official Media Partner of the Colorado Section of the PGA, Colorado Golf Association, Colorado Open Golf Foundation and the Rocky Mountain Golf Course Superintendents Association. Colorado AvidGolfer has a very strong print, digital and social media platform.
CAG’s sister publication, AvidLifestyle is a luxury lifestyle, print publication focused on Denver’s southern, suburban, affluent communities of Cherry Hills Village, Greenwood Village, Castle Pines Village, Lone Tree and Centennial. AvidLifestyle publishes twelve issues annually and is mailed to homes in those areas.
The Art Director conceptualizes, creates and leads strong design solutions across print and digital formats to support the Colorado AvidGolfer brand. This person will design, layout and produce Colorado AvidGolfer magazine and The Golf Passport as well as partner with internal team members to create all other collateral to support all Colorado AvidGolfer business initiatives such as the creation of sales materials and the marketing of tournaments, events and digital campaigns.
Art Director, Colorado AvidGolfer
• Design, layout and production of all Colorado AvidGolfer publications (for example, Colorado AvidGolfer magazine, Golf Passport, guides, special advertising sections) and all collateral materials (for example, event invitations, media kits, house ads, posters, digital assets) pertaining to the Colorado AvidGolfer brand.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions for stories, promotions and other initiatives.
• Design and layout of all of the magazine’s editorial pages and prepress production of all pages containing editorial and advertising for delivery to press according to the production schedule.
• Ensure graphic and aesthetic consistency in all materials bearing the Colorado AvidGolfer brand, including the website and social media platforms.
• Adhere to established budget for freelance photography and illustration.
• Work with the editor to make decisions and/or conceptualize visual elements for cover and editorial content.
• Manage all advertising deadlines and materials trafficking as well as communication with advertisers.
• Communicate assignments to contract photographers and illustrators for commissioned works.
• Manage and archive contracts for all commissioned works such as photography or illustrations. Include signed model release forms when appropriate.
• Follow all copyright guidelines and make sure to obtain release or permission when necessary. Include detailed information regarding rights for use, length of agreement and document for archives.
• Working in conjunction with the creative director on oversight, management and creation of yearly production schedule.
• Maintain file archives for all Colorado AvidGolfer projects per company procedure.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design or related field
• Experience in graphic design in a creative fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent sense of design layout, typography, color and overall aesthetic across multiple platforms.
• Solid computer skills and command of Adobe Creative Suite and Office365 programs.
• Highly creative with an understanding of branding and the ability to communicate a cohesive design across multiple platforms and uses.
• Understanding of print, pre-press and production.
• Understanding of trends in design, social media and company’s target audience.
• Skilled at project management and completing projects on time.
• Writing, editing and proofreading skills a plus
• Great attention to detail.
• Excellent account relationship management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication.
• Self-starter able to excel independently with little supervision
• The salary range for this position is $40,000.
• Medical and dental insurance.
• Health Savings Account (HSA) (Based on high deductible Medical Insurance plan).
• Paid vacation and holidays.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Cell phone subsidy
Reports to the Creative Director
Baker-Colorado Publishing, LLC (dba Colorado AvidGolfer & AvidLifestyle) is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.