Alpine Publishing Group / Denver Life Magazine | Executive Editor
This job post has expired
Alpine Publishing Group, LLC, publishers of Denver Life Magazine and Denver Life home+design, is seeking a resourceful and creative Executive Editor with excellent management skills and the ability to provide sophisticated, high-impact stories that exude depth, integrity and style for its collection of luxury lifestyle print magazines.
This is an exciting and rewarding full-time opportunity for an experienced, high-level editor who will oversee the editorial department in a fast-paced publishing environment. Our ideal candidate loves all things Colorado and is passionate about creating engaging and authoritative food, culture, art, health, fashion, home décor, outdoor adventure and other lifestyle content for a highly educated, savvy, regional audience. This position requires the ability to juggle many projects at once, and since we are a small team, it is necessary for the EE to wear multiple hats, demonstrate an ability to work independently and hit deadlines. The Executive Editor reports to the CEO/Publisher and will lead the editorial team in all facets of producing a monthly lifestyle magazine as well as one special-interest magazine, Denver Life home+design published quarterly.
The ideal candidate will bring the following to the position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or Communication
• Minimum 5 years of editorial experience as a high-level magazine editor—ideally with a focus on lifestyle content
• Proven track record of successfully managing an editorial team and collaborating with all other departments including design and advertising sales
• Extraordinary writing and editing skills including an aptitude for writing sharp headlines and decks
• Ability to edit magazine content both on page and in layout as well as fit copy during production with accuracy
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• A positive attitude, professional demeanor, polished communication skills, a creative eye, excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and an out-going personality
• Must be able to work well with others, multi-task, manage and set priorities for multiple projects and take responsibility for schedules, budgets and quality of assigned projects
Responsibilities of the job will include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the editorial department for Alpine Publishing Group, LLC
• Plan/collaborate with team to conceptualize editorial content for two magazines
• Hire and oversee freelance writers, freelance project managers and editorial talent as needed
• Oversee production process including editing and providing final approval for all editorial content
• Write various articles for two magazines including both feature-length and department stories
• Oversee digital platforms of the magazines
• Collaborate with Publisher on all Alpine Publishing marketing materials
• Represent the editorial department of Alpine Publishing Group, LLC at various community events
• Develop and maintain partnerships for the brand
Alpine Publishing Group, LLC strives to maintain a fun and comfortable work atmosphere in order to ensure the satisfaction of our employees as they are the keys to the company’s success. Clear, open communication and the ability to work with a variety of personalities are fundamental to this position.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume, 5-7 clips and 10 reasons why you are the best candidate.