Colorado Homes & Lifestyles - WiesnerMedia | Production Designer
This job post has expired
We are looking for a highly organized entry-level designer and production coordinator to manage the print and digital production of Colorado Homes & Lifestyles (CHL). You will create fresh, innovative, on-brand advertisements for all our platforms and our clients.
JOB DESCRIPTION & YOU:
You are a multi-faceted graphic designer with an eye for detail and good design. You have a passion to create beautiful on-brand marketing materials for CHL, while also keeping highly organized. You enjoy making and prioritizing lists, and get a certain satisfaction when you cross off a completed task. You think of yourself as both right and left brained and can’t help but fix that crooked picture on the wall. Your job can be vastly different from day to day, but you thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and can multitask with ease. You keep the entire CHL staff on schedule for production and work closely with the sales team to hone the brand and advertisements of your clients. You are highly articulate and know how to communicate thoughtfully over the phone and through email. You efficiently meet deadlines while demonstrating grace under pressure. You are naturally curious and take initiative to solve any problem or task. You love a well-designed space and embrace the Colorado lifestyle.
WHO WE ARE:
WiesnerMedia publishes several magazines including Colorado Homes & Lifestyles, Mountain Living, ColoradoBiz, and Pittsburgh Magazine. We are a creative force to be reckoned with and our positive outlook in life drives our work ethic and office environment. We take immense pride in our products, marketing and editorial integrity. We enjoy each other's company and we love coming into work every day.
Colorado Homes & Lifestyles is the most regularly read home design publication in Colorado. We feature a range of local to internationally known artists, artisans, architects and designers, while also representing the Colorado lifestyle.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
• Portfolio demonstrating creativity, a sophisticated sense of design and knowledge of photography, typography and color
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Excel
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, schedules and deadlines, and prioritize workflow
• Positive outlook, professional demeanor and a diplomatic approach to client and internal communications
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to coordinate projects and provide support to clients and internal staff
GOING ABOVE & BEYOND:
• Basic knowledge of prepress checks and operations
• Basic knowledge of online content management systems
• Experience using email marketing software and HTML