Cactus | Planning Intern
This job post has expired
Do you like figuring out what makes people tick? Are you an eager observer of culture and consumer behavior? Do you like discovering trends and insights through data and research? Are you a creative thinker, with a passion for learning? Can you make data come to life through storytelling?
If so, we should talk.
Strategic planners combine research and critical thinking to bring the consumer into the advertising process. The strategic planning intern plays an active, important role in the Strategy department. S/he will work closely with all the departments at Cactus to develop rock solid consumer insights and integrated advertising campaigns for a variety of state, national and international clients. The strategic planning intern will have the opportunity to actively participate in the creation of advertising campaigns from start to finish, gaining exposure to all agency roles and processes. This is more than an internship; it’s a portfolio program. Exposure to such subjects as business, marketing, psychology, sociology, and cultural anthropology is beneficial. A research background is also a plus.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Psychology
• Previous exposure to qualitative and quantitative methodologies including focus groups, in-depth interviews, and surveys
• Strong critical thinking and writing skills (writing samples will be required)
• An ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• An ability to travel locally when necessary for qualitative research
Approximate Start Time: January 2018