Exposure Labs | Social Media Internship
This job post has expired
Internship term // This internship is unpaid and available for school credit only, with a minimum requirement of 15 hours / week. Ideally, candidates are available for 2+ days / week.
Start date // Between August 1st - September 5th, 2018 for fall Internships.
Location // At Exposure Labs HQ in Boulder, CO or remote. We have a semi-remote team so open to candidates based anywhere in the United States.
Application Closing date // September 1st, 2018 for fall Internships. Though applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
ABOUT EXPOSURE LABS
Exposure Labs is the team behind the Academy Award-nominated film Chasing Ice. We are dedicated to impact through film, and strive to tackle projects of environmental, social, and political importance.
We are currently looking to fill several internship roles on our impact team for our latest feature film, Chasing Coral. Premiering at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and taking home the Audience Award, the film continues the conversation begun with Chasing Ice, shifting focus to one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet: coral reefs.
Our campaign aims to make a big splash (pun intended!) and capture the opportunity around Chasing Coral’s worldwide release on Netflix. With the film at the center, our goal is to strengthen local movements advancing climate solutions across the United States.
As we prepare to launch our fall programming, with a focus on outreach to the US southeast and Colorado, we are on the hunt for a social media intern who can expand the capacity of our small team by supporting and coordinating with our digital community. Responsibilities may include:
- Digital community management // Providing support across our social media channels. by creating and posting content. -Managing correspondence with our online community of supporters while closely tracking metrics through Facebook Insights and Hootsuite. Thinking of new and exciting ways to engage our audiences online.
- Event support // Generating event and rsvp pages, preparing presentations, and assisting with on-the-ground event prep (when applicable).
- Communications and copywriting // Developing materials, emails and other communications to support our grassroots outreach. Also supporting the development of toolkits, blog posts and materials for programs.
- Impact reporting // Tracking and archiving impact stories that come across our inboxes and digital channels. Providing analytics and insights on current and upcoming campaign milestones.
Research // Identifying opportunities for strategic partnerships, interviewees and assisting in the development of our digital presence through research.
The Chasing Coral internship will be campaign driven with no production overlap. If you’re looking to gain filmmaking or production experience, this is likely not the right fit.
If you’re looking for valuable experience within the campaign space we may be right up your alley! As a small passion-driven team, you will experience first hand what it means to be a part of a startup film campaign - where we value big ideas, creative thinking, and foster opportunities for growth.
Qualities we’re looking for in an ideal candidate include:
- You are a go-getter // No task is too big or too small for you.
- You’re committed to excellence // You’re organized and pay exceptional attention to detail. You are impeccable with time management.
- You communicate clearly and professionally // You are a concise and clear writer. You can easily adapt your style to suit everyone from CEOs to fifth graders.
- You’re interested in film-based campaigning // You’re excited to work in advancing the environmental movement, learning about political organizing and/or city-level policy advocacy, and storytelling.
- You’re comfortable in a remote work environment.
Even better if you have experience:
- Managing events and coordinating projects.
- Working on CRM systems and other data management platforms.
- Working in environmental movement, political organizing and/or around city-level policy advocacy.
- Technical and/or design skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress and/or Squarespace.
- Conducting digital marketing + promotions via email and social media platforms.
- Copy-writing content on various types of platforms.
We believe passionately in the power of storytelling to change the world.
We engage everyone with respect and humility. We approach conversations with an open mind, recognizing the need to unite, not divide, people around the challenges we face.
We are a small (but growing!) team. Our culture is fast-paced and intense -- and also close-knit and collaborative. We work flexible hours with the energy of a startup. We value big ideas and creative thinking. We love working with good people who have a positive attitude and friendly spirit.