Water For People | Production Designer
This job post has expired
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Production Designer. The temporary Production Designer will work on a wide range of design initiatives that adhere to the organization’s visual brand identity. Projects could include the creation of assets including logos; page layouts for website (story pages, landing and donation pages, user interaction); presentations; email templates; social media graphics; advertisements; collateral such as handouts, fact sheets, mailers and brochures; infographics; and strategic documents such as Annual Reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
• Design and produce digital and print visual communication assets for cross-departmental use and advise on all visual and design components for the organization.
• Ensure visual brand consistency across all channels.
• Maintain/update organization’s visual asset library (Brandfolder).
• Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team to develop and create visual assets for annual Spring Fundraising Campaign, and to complete organization’s Annual Report.
• Develop and manage creative processes for asset collection including managing and prepping photographers and videographers with shot lists and photo/video briefs, prepping Water For People staff for asset collection, overseeing consent process, and managing post-production of assets.
• Work with printer to secure quotes, obtain timelines, and ensure print quality; deliver print-ready assets to printer.
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Connects to the Mission –Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development.
• Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Manages through Ambiguity –Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity.
• Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – Shows empathy, a high comfort level in the developing world, and unquestionable integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
• Action-oriented – Takes an entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to completing tasks. Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
• Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
• Self-confident – Handles tough questions or critique in a professional manner assuming the best intentions; open to feedback and coaching.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, or illustration, or equivalent work experience
• At least 3 years of professional graphic design and production experience
• A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional conceptual thinking, brand and identity building, problem-solving, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design skills
• Experience in designing for business objectives and receiving, interpreting, and enhancing work through iterative feedback
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, and strong prioritization skills
• Extensive experience in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of Lightroom photo editing a plus
• Experience with photography and videography: pre and post production skills a plus
• Keen eye for design, layout, typography and all things creative, both digital and print
• Ability to internalize complex and technical concepts quickly and create compelling design solutions
• Experience creating data visualizations and infographics for a range of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to work on several concurrent projects and juggle the demands of competing priorities, tight timelines, and shifting requirements
• Ability to clearly articulate and rationalize design thinking in team conversations
• Extensive experience in design production and preparing materials for print and digital use
• Experience with project management, document sharing and team communications tools
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Open office environment
• Mac computer and all software provided
• 30 hours per week, depending on workload
• Position start and end date flexible depending on maternity leave
• This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This is a non-exempt, temporary position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience.