Interact Boulder | Mid-Level Packaging Designer
Type of work: Full Time
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Date Posted: March 4, 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position: Mid-Level Designer (3-5 years agency experience)
Interact Boulder is a branding and packaging agency obsessed with the food and beverage industry. We are guided by strategy and measured on consequence, partnering with brands ranging from bright-eyed startups to courageous industry vets to sell passion, not just product. We are a tight-knit, rowdy group who work in an open space, laugh all day, and feast on the newest and quirkiest snacks from around the world. We embrace an “all hands on deck” attitude with an extremely collaborative environment and design process to match.
We’re looking for someone who can create conceptually driven brand identities and packaging design, participating in the entire process from strategy development and ideation through production and everything in-between. You must be able to communicate the ideas behind your designs and work collaboratively with our internal creative and account teams to tell stories, solve problems, and exceed our client’s expectations. You will be a catalyst to challenge our clients’ thinking and be a true partner in creating provocative work.
Our favorite qualities in a Designer are a high degree of craft, incredible attention to detail, stellar communication and time management skills, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to create exceptional work from beginning to end. Our ideal joiner is an energetic, yet even-keeled individual who thrives in a fun but fast-paced setting.
- 3 to 5 years related experience required; branding agency experience strongly desired
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite; web, photography, copywriting or illustration skills are bonus
- Strong experience in CPG with a portfolio to prove it
- Strong conceptual and typographic skills with a portfolio to prove it
- Effective communication and presentation skills (internal and external)
- Ability to think strategically and creatively (always pushing the envelope)
- Firm grasp of design process -- moving ideas from concept to completion
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative
- Ability to be nimble, and quickly re-prioritize and redirect focus in fast paced environment
- Be a pro at time management and delivering work on time
- Naturally possess a positive attitude, willingness to pitch in, and readiness to hang with an awesome team (culture is king here)
- Experience in / passion for Food & Beverage will launch your application to the top of the pile
- Must love dogs
How To Apply
Please send resume and link to your portfolio, along with a haiku about why you’d want work with Interact to [email protected]