History Colorado | Social Media Intern
This job post has expired
Stipend: This is a competitive internship position with a $1000 stipend. Qualified candidates may receive academic credit through their college of university.
Apply By: August 21, 2019
Start Date: Late August/Early September (TBD by intern and staff)
End Date: December 2019, TBD based on intern’s schedule
Desired Schedule: 10 hours/week; schedule mutually decided upon by History Colorado and
Broad Scope of Position: Join the marketing team at History Colorado and learn about how social media enhances an organization. The position reports to the Social Media Manager, and is tasked with assisting in social media content development, planning, implementation, and listening. This is an ideal opportunity for a word-savvy, history-loving college student or recent graduate who is enthusiastic about exploring museums in the social media sphere.
Candidates should enjoy a fast-paced environment; take pride in being detail -and deadline oriented; have the confidence to seamlessly switch between self-directed work and collaborative projects; and be excited to join a museum office with interdisciplinary work.
• Monitoring social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Researching historic content and History Colorado’s collection for social media
• Aiding in the execution and scheduling of social media content
• Attending History Colorado Center events to assist in social media development
• Update event calendar listings to include museum events
• Additional writing, digital media, and creative opportunities, based on the intern’s skills
Desired Skills/Academic Field of Study: Major or degree in English, History, Public History,
Museum Studies with a distinct interest in or knowledge of Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Additionally, we are seeking candidates with these skills:
• Enthusiasm to engage in complex or multiple topics with a deep intellectual curiosity
• Ability to translate complex topics into audience-friendly, persuasive language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Digital savvy, with experience in multiple social media platforms and Adobe Creative
• Attention to detail and meticulous follow-through
• Ability to stay cool under pressure and the demands of multiple deadlines
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained
in daily interactions
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Google Drive
• A passion for history and curiosity for the arts is a must; a working knowledge of
history or museums is ideal, though not necessarily required