Futuristic Films | Production Internship
This job post has expired
Futuristic is seeking entry level candidates eager to gain hands-on production experience for three months this fall. In this position, you will work closely with our producers and learn how we meticulously organize, plan, and facilitate shoots of all sizes.
Critical To This Role
A passion for production:
- You have enough experience to confidently say that production is your niche on set (ideally, you have been a PA on professional shoots and are ready to take your skillset to the next level).
- You are proactive, a quick learner, and have a “How can I help?” attitude – because in production, there’s always something to be done.
- Production is not always glamorous, but every single contribution ensures its success. You see tasks like organizing the crafty bins, or labeling walkies, as important functions of the well-oiled machine.
Top notch time management & communication skills:
- A successful production is in the details, and that’s why you love it. You’re hyper-organized and rarely miss a beat. Spreadsheets make you happy!
- Not only are you eager to check items off of your to do list, but you excel at prioritizing that list. However, you also know that asking questions and calling for support when needed is more important than just checking the box.
- You respond to requests and emails in a timely manner, and see efficient communication as a reflection of Futuristic’s brand.
- You can easily adapt to the various workflows and communication styles that exist on a project.
Being a team player:
- You thrive in a team environment and aim to bring out the best in others. You can also read the personalities of a room quickly, and love working with new people.
- You handle pressure professionally. If a crew member came to you with a problem, you would respond with a positive attitude and problem solving mindset.
- You want to be a part of all that is Futuristic: our fun, hardworking team, our work ethos, and the greater film community we celebrate. You don’t want to work just anywhere, you want to work with us.
- Budgeting and scheduling skills.
- Experience in the advertising industry.
- A knack for storytelling / creative development, and copywriting.
You need to be available to work at our Denver office three to five weekdays per week (generally from 9am to 6pm) for a three month term. We will offer a $100/day stipend to supplement living expenses during this learning opportunity.