Fit Snack LLC | Social Media Intern
Type Of Work:
October 08, 2019
Stipend: This is a competitive internship position with perks. Qualified candidates may receive academic credit through their college or university and a $200 monthly stipend.
Apply By: October 28, 2019
Start Date: Late Oct/Early Nov (TBD by intern and staff)
End Date: February 2019, TBD based on the intern's schedule
Desired Schedule: 20 hours/week; schedule mutually decided upon by Fit Snack and
Broad Scope of Position: Join the marketing team at Fit Snack and learn about how marketing enhances an organization. The position reports directly to the Creative Director and CEO, and is tasked with assisting in content development, planning, implementation, and listening. This is an ideal opportunity for a word-savvy, fitness and nutrition loving college student or recent graduate.
Candidates should enjoy a fast-paced environment; take pride in being detail -and deadline oriented; have the confidence to seamlessly switch between self-directed work and collaborative projects; and be excited to join our team with interdisciplinary work.
• Work proactively within an entrepreneurial environment and with multiple social channels
• Define and drive the social strategy to grow audiences and user engagement
• Maintain automated social media posting content and calendar (min of 1 month out)
• Aiding in the execution and scheduling of content across social media, email and blog
• Manage day-to-day messaging and monitoring of social media channels
• Identify and leverage our social bloggers and influencers (some paid) to drive awareness.
• Continuously innovate within the social space. Modifying your social strategy and the platforms utilized as it relates to messaging, engagement, and content performance.
• Create Social Media Content Reviews for monthly campaigns
• Create a constant stream of engaging witty, edgy, shareable social content
• Analytics, you will provide regular reporting to management, but you will also be empowered to make decisions as you grow in the position
• Be our brand storyteller with a passion for listening to our community and strategically scheduling and posting our innovative and compelling graphics, photography, copy and video
• Track metrics and performance of social media campaigns, content, and the overall health of our social channels. Make adjustments as needed.
• Additional writing, digital media, and creative opportunities, based on the intern’s skills and interests
Desired Skills/Academic Field of Study: Major or degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications, Human Nutrition and Dietetics or a related field to any of the above with a distinct interest in or knowledge of Nutrition and Fitness.
Additionally, we are seeking candidates with these skills:
• Ability to translate complex topics into audience-friendly, persuasive language
• Digital savvy, with experience in multiple social media platforms and Adobe Creative
• Attention to detail and meticulous follow-through
• Ability to stay cool under pressure and the demands of multiple deadlines
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained
in daily interactions
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Google Drive
Serve as our internal social media expert providing social strategy, insights to emerging trends, and best practices to groups across the organization including Marketing and Sales.
Deep understanding of social media analytics and our goals for product growth. Able to translate data insights into optimized, strategic, and compelling content.
Have experience in graphic design.
Experience working with platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, forums, and other emerging channels; with a tailored approach for each.
SEO working knowledge and ability to generate inbound traffic.
How To Apply
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and links to your social media pages (Linked In, FB, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler or other) to: [email protected]
Applicants must include the below details and attachments with their application. Submissions missing this information will not be considered.
Email Subject - Job Position Title
Attach 2 samples of work that you feel showcase some of the major skills for this position
Unpaid Internship - if you can successfully increase sales and your reports of the metrics serve as proof potential to receive increase in stipend to $500 after 1 month.