Denver South | Part-Time Marketing Intern
This job post has expired
Denver South is both the community of businesses and residents surrounding the I-25 corridor and the organization of community leaders bringing together business executives, political officials and residents to collaboratively define the future of our shared community.
The Marketing Intern is responsible for helping the Denver South Marketing Team improve and amplify storytelling about the Denver South region and organization. Representing one of the leading live/work/play communities in the country, our core function is to increase awareness of stories that illustrate why the region has been and continues to be one of the most desirable places in which to live, build a career, and locate or grow a company. Reports to the Director of Marketing.
• Develops social content calendar, creates and posts (copy, photo, and video) content, and monitors online discussion.
• Engages with comments, users, and accounts to build awareness and followership.
• Creates and manages content library and organizes current photo and video assets for future use.
• Researches and writes blog posts and presents ideas for ongoing content series.
• Makes small content changes on website.
• Tags old blog content on new website enabling topical search results.
• Participates in content and campaign brainstorming sessions.
• Guards the brand reputation.
• Assists team members with the creation and editing of slide decks for internal and external presentations.
• Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Knowledge, skills, abilities
• Ability to consistently promote, support, work, and act in a manner in support of the Denver South mission and values.
• Ability to learn quickly on the job.
• Ability to perform as a self-starter, to work independently and take initiative.
• Interest in digital marketing with an emphasis on social media management is required.
• Must demonstrate 2 years active social media activity/history. Some professional/business experience managing social media accounts is preferred.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with social media platforms, the social media landscape, and the qualities of engaging content to various audiences.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
• Ability to operate various technologies required to execute job functions.
• Ability to do detailed work accurately and adhere to timelines.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, able to prioritize multiple initiatives.
• Ability to present and maintain a professional demeanor in sometimes challenging situations.
• Must be able to interact well with others and actively seek out work.
• Ability to be responsible with confidential information and material.
• Work is generally performed in a professional office environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic, work will be remote with occasional in-person meetings with safety precautions in place such as masks and acceptable social distances.
• Approximately 10-15 hours per week.
• $16.00 hourly rate.