Tri-State G&T | Multimedia Designer I, II, or Senior (50% Work from Home)
This job post has expired
Responsible for planning, developing and producing digital media projects with an emphasis in videography, photography and motion effects. Includes responsibility to coordinate video shoots, conduct interviews, develop storyboards and work with designers to create motion and video assets for social media campaigns. Employ various tools such as computers/peripheral devices, video and still cameras, drones, applications and various media for print/video development and presentations as well as assist supervisor in prioritizing and planning department work to meet deadlines and organize, coordinate, monitor and assign work to others in business unit. Position is 50/50 hybrid in-person and remote dependent on performance.
Note: There is one position available and the position will be filled at one of three job grade levels: Multimedia Designer I, job grade NB16; Multimedia Designer II, job grade NB18; or Senior Multimedia Designer, job grade NB20. This decision will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate selected, and Tri-State business needs at the time of hire.
Salary & Benefits
Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedules including compressed work week and telecommuting opportunities to work remotely up to 50%, Life Insurance, 401K, Long Term Disability (LTD), Short Term Disability (STD), Employee Assistant Program (EAP) and Paid Leave Benefits.
Senior Multimedia Designer: Hiring Salary Range: $76,000-$96,000
Multimedia Designer II: Hiring Salary Range: $63,000-$79,000
Multimedia Designer I: Hiring Salary Range: $52,000-$65,000
Actual compensation offer may vary outside of the posted hiring salary range based upon work experience, education, and/or skill level.
• Take lead role in projects involving planning, creating, and producing artwork, media and/or graphic designs for various communications products, seeing creative concepts and projects through to completion, including traveling for scouting and shooting for videos and events.
• Employ tools such as computers/peripheral devices, video and still cameras, applications, and various media for video development and presentations.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of video and photographic methods and presentation processes.
• Engage with clients and coordinate work of external contractors/vendors and monitor quality.
• Recording, editing, and encoding audio files.
• Performing media edits bases on user feedback.
• Perform careful quality assurance on all images.
• Receive creative direction, approvals and feedback from Design and Brand Program Manager as well as Marketing and Brand Communications Manager.
• Assist supervisor in maintaining equipment and supplies, naming and maintaining digital asset file/structure organization including metadata assignment/entry.
• Travel to support events and meetings.
• Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements.
• Proficiency utilizing Power Point, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with proficiency in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Ability to use, or learn, other computer applications as needed.
• Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent must be able to move and set-up camera and video equipment, large displays, photo canvases and framed pieces. Incumbent will regularly be required to walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop and occasionally climb small ladders or step stools. Incumbent will be required to work at a desk occasionally and frequently use a computer, digital equipment and video/photographic devices. Specific vision abilities include color vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Mental requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be required to problem solve, work quickly under deadline pressure at times, initiate creative solutions to design projects, suggest presentation solutions for complex concepts or charting and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects or issues.
•Industry-specific requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is primarily in an office environment but may be exposed to microwave equipment, power stations, substations or high voltage lines and equipment during video or photo shoots. Work may involve traveling in various terrain and weather conditions.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, video/photography or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to perform work under general supervision receiving general objectives and timetables and work independently in the performance of both routine and non-routine work assignments.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work of others.
• Maintains best practices for producing video and photography for web and social content.
• Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all essential functions of the position.
• Must be skilled in the use of a variety of video, digital and camera equipment.
• Ability to work with a variety of people and groups to obtain best possible graphic or photographic product possible.
• Six (6) years of experience producing video and still photography for web and social media, presentations and ability to produce a variety of products using computers (Macintosh and PC).
• Proficient to advanced proficiency utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Microsoft Office products.
• Experience operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
• Those with less experience will be hired at the Multimedia Designer I or II job grade level, as appropriate.
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time around Tri-State's four-state member territory. (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
• Willingness to work irregular hours when needed for special projects.