The Public Interest Network | Director of Digital Innovation
This job post has expired
The Public Interest Network is hiring a Director of Digital Innovation to create and implement digital strategies to build PIRG, Environment America, and other organizations within our network.
The Director of Digital Innovation will develop and execute a coordinated digital outreach program to increase visibility, engagement and membership consistent with an 8-year plan that will net $10 million per year.
The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Our flagship organizations, PIRG and Environment America, have built a 50-year legacy of successful advocacy for consumer and environmental protection.
We have built our organizations’ membership primarily through the time-tested mechanisms of phone calling, direct mail, and our signature door-knocking.
Our digital organizing team (Managing Director, Digital Campaigns Director, Web Marketing Manager, several digital campaigners and technical staff) supports our face-to-face work with a program that has deepened and expanded our analog presence into every state and Congressional district across the country to include:
Robust email programs to build member affiliation and engagement;
Organizational websites to inform and engage members, opinion leaders and the general public;
Pilot programs for peer-to-peer and broadcast text and Facebook messenger.
In addition, the Digital team coordinates modest paid and organic acquisition and social media. The staff of PIRG and Environment America also use social media to elevate their various campaigns’ profiles.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff of The Public Interest Network, the Director of Digital Innovation will:
- Recommend and then develop a list acquisition or list development program that generates income over the long-term.
- Develop a multi-channel digital strategy, including social media, paid advertising, texting and other channels, for member acquisition and other organization-building goals (recruiting staff, building affinity, maximizing visibility).
- Work with the existing Digital team and outreach staff to implement these programs.
- Work with advocates, campaign staff and outreach staff to maximize the effectiveness of our digital marketing to advance their campaigns.
- Participate in the rebuilding of our organizations’ websites to make them as effective as possible within our digital strategy.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A highly capable political organizer.
- Experienced in using social media to build organizations.
- An experienced and insightful analyst, well-versed in developing, interpreting and communicating results of reports.
- A prime mover, able to come up with a plan, communicate it to others, test and execute it, analyze results and adjust as needed.
- In agreement with our organizational values and theoretical approach.
We’re looking for someone with at least five years of combined experience in organizing, digital marketing and analysis who is capable of overseeing significant projects while showing excellent judgement and discretion.
Denver, CO preferred. For the foreseeable future, all of our staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The compensation range for this position is $36,000-$60,000 and depends on relevant experience, education, and location. The Public Interest offers an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package may include medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, needs-based student loan assistance, 401(k) plan with employer match, commuter benefit program, paid time off, parental leave and short-term disability insurance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer.