The Doe | Executive Editor
ABOUT THE DOE
We believe the rules of engagement for civil discourse have been broken. In order for society to move forward, we're creating a space for open and honest dialogue that welcomes true diversity of thought. The Doe is an online platform for selected insiders, disruptors, and visionaries to share personal experiences and opinions anonymously.
The Executive Editor will be responsible for ensuring The Doe has a regularly published stream of compelling contributors and stories. There are three main components to this. First, the EE should have a nose for finding personal stories that are relevant to the cultural conversation but cut against the grain of the mainstream perspective. Second, the EE should be able to find and convince potential contributors to write their story on our platform, offering the catharsis of speaking up but the protection of anonymity. Finally, the EE must be able to build and manage a team of story-hunters/editors that supplies a steady stream of compelling content.
* 7+ years experience working in publication or a related field
* Demonstrable ability to find and tell compelling, culturally relevant stories
* Extremely strong written editing capabilities
* Digital-first approach to publication
* Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
* Find contributors with culturally relevant, compelling stories to tell
* Work directly with contributors to help shape their stories
* Edit stories on an as-needed basis
* Determine which content will be featured on our platform
* Own the publishing schedule
This is not your mother's magazine. We're looking for someone who wants to reinvent publishing from the ground up; who recognizes the urgent need for verified but anonymous contributions to our cultural conversation; and who is not afraid to think boldly. If that's you, let's talk!
This position is full time and can be performed anywhere. Slight preference is given to candidates located in Denver or San Francisco.
How To Apply
Please send a writing sample, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] .
In your cover letter, please explain why you'd succeed at this position and give us an example of a current story or topic you think would be ripe for an anonymous insider story and how you'd go about finding a contributor to write it.