Sterling-Rice Group | Associate Strategist – Innovation
This job post has expired
What are you passionate about? If it’s igniting change and creating breakthrough ideas, challenging yourself, and inspiring those around you, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Who We Are:
SRG is a brand consultancy and advertising agency that works across the entire lifecycle of a brand. We are an independent, privately held company headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. We are proudly majority women owned and led, and we have been named a Best Place to Work by Outside Magazine and AdAge.
We approach challenges as a creative collective that pursues meaning by bringing together strategic minds, empathetic souls, and elegant sensibility to help brands find their unique place in culture. As a full-service agency and world-renowned consultancy in one, we are uniquely positioned to solve our clients’ problems through consumer insights, brand strategy, new product innovation, brand positioning, design, and advertising.
Our Innovation practice helps create game-changing ideas that delight consumers and give our clients a competitive edge. As an Associate Strategist, you will be a critical thought partner and driver of client engagement and project experience design. On approximately 2-3 projects at a time, you will be a key orchestrator of project management and delivery, managing internal and external constituents as well as managing up and down within the project team and across key skill groups. You will build breadth and depth of expertise across verticals, categories, and/or offerings, while strengthening your analytical and strategy skills. You will gain experience coaching team members and contributing to new business and practice development.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
• Serve as a key client contact and direct the overall project task list and deadlines across team members and skill players.
• In conjunction with the project lead, design and execute highly creative innovation workshops to generate new positioning and product ideas, including the development and facilitation of objectives, breakout sessions, and discussions.
• Plan, facilitate, and analyze qualitative consumer research, including 1:1 stakeholder interviews, consumer ethnographies, and focus groups.
• Independently develop and present key sections of client deliverables (e.g. insights/platform report, final recommendations) and build expertise in concept/platform/brand vision writing.
• Develop knowledge of SRG tools and methodology; partner with the project lead to design new approaches and frameworks.
• Guide and oversee the project work and logistics of more junior team members, providing ongoing feedback and training.
Your Critical Skills:
• A strategic thinker. You’re adept at analyzing data of all types, identifying significant themes and patterns, homing in on key insights, and translating them into powerful and actionable strategies and recommendations.
• A project management dynamo. You’re an efficient, organized worker with meticulous attention to detail and a can-do attitude. You’re comfortable working autonomously and under tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
• A persuasive communicator. You have a point of view and can clearly and confidently articulate it both written and verbally in a way that inspires, engages, and galvanizes others to action.
• A collaborative relationship builder. You build strong relationships internally and externally and can effectively delegate and direct people who possess diverse skills and working styles.
• Adaptable. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and can competently manage frequent and short-notice changes in scope, timing, and client demands.
• Customer/client focused. You are a key client resource, managing status meetings and communications, and proactively addressing client needs and problems.
• A strong storyteller. You know how to create narratives that link the shared values and experiences of a brand and a consumer.
• Insatiably curious. You love learning and looking at things from different, unusual angles. Most importantly, you’re passionate about understanding people and how to make their lives better.
• Willing to travel (after lifting of current restrictions). Approximately 25% travel is required, for client presentations and consumer research.
• Three to five years’ experience in strategy, branding, and/or innovation, either client side or within a consulting firm, with a proven track record of success.
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, psychology, or communications is most desired. A master’s degree in a similar relevant field can suffice for fewer years of experience.
SRG has a hybrid work model with headquarters in Colorado. Long-term remote working may be negotiable.