Special Olympics Colorado | Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
This job post has expired
The Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for overseeing and implementing the communications, marketing, media and branding efforts of Special Olympics Colorado, including national and local cause-marketing campaigns, local and national public education efforts, advertising, advocacy, media relations, social media, website management, corporate partnerships and collateral production.
The Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications purpose is to implement cause-related marketing promotions that generate revenue, event participation and awareness; to develop steward media partnerships; to encourage the involvement of external audiences such as potential athletes, families, volunteers and donors; to clearly communicate SOCO priorities through the office of the CEO with current athletes, families, volunteers and donors; and to support the outreach needs of the program and development departments.
Reports to: President & CEO
· Plan, organize, implement and manage marketing department activities, including advertising, media relations, social media, cause-marketing, collateral production, sponsor recognition.
· Oversee media relations strategy: Function as a media contact, working with team members to prep messages and conduct interviews. Respond to media inquiries. Write press advisories, releases and proactive pitches as needed.
· Develop annual public education and marketing plan that supports the mission and long-range goals of SOCO.
· Develop and maintain annual marketing budget
· Create and implement revenue- and awareness-generating cause marketing campaigns
· Manage a team to ensure that sponsorship deliverables are managed and met
· Oversee mass e-blasts including SOCO’s monthly e-newsletter
· Create and implement marketing campaigns for fundraising events and campaigns, such as Colorado State Tax Check-Off, Polar Plunges, Denver Golf tournament, Law Enforcement Torch Run, Plane Pull and other campaigns as assigned
· Develop and implement print, video, web and radio campaigns to promote athlete, volunteer, family, event participant and donor involvement
· Develop, hire and manage relationships with paid and pro-bono creative agencies, such as advertising, design, web development, photography, collateral material production and printing
· Develop a strategic plan to increase social media engagement on multiple platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn.
· Create in-kind partnerships that result in donated media space, and ability to promote events on a variety of channels (tv, radio, etc.)
· Attend all state competitions and develop public education opportunities and media sponsorships to support state games. Serve as point of contact to all media.
· Create scripts for events, including Opening Ceremonies and fundraising events
· Manage the creation of the Annual Report
· Along with the Marketing Team, oversee SOCO’s website and ensure pages are well developed and updated
· Oversee opening and closing ceremonies at state competitions and ensure the event communicates the strength and abilities of SOCO athletes, recognizes sponsors properly and contributes to the athlete experience.
· Deliver presentations and speeches on behalf of SOCO to external and internal audiences.
· Ensure support of program and development department marketing needs.
· Manage a team to ensure that the organization’s marketing needs are met, including the creation of flyers, promotional materials and more.
· Ability to lead and work with team to create promotional and inspirational videos
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of eight years’ experience in marketing and communications
· Proven experience in budgeting, public relations, and management of staff
· Strong understanding of marketing, public outreach and non-profit organization operations
· Excellent presentation skills
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· 5+ years of experience working with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
· Experience utilizing various video editing and creation applications such as Animoto, Adobe Premier, Adobe Spark, iMovie, Lumen5, etc.
· 5+ years of experience creating, utilizing and evaluating social media ads on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
· 5+ years of experience with content marketing including but not limited to writing blog posts, creation of podcasts, etc.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
· Strong familiarity with social media and best practices
· Working knowledge of Mailchimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, iMovie
· Ability to travel independently throughout the state
· Sense of humor
· Experience copy editing
· Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
· Ability to be cleared to work for SOCO through background screening process
· Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
· Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds) for short distances (approximately one block)
· All other duties as assigned
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.