Rose Community Foundation | Communications and Outreach Associate
This job post has expired
Rose Community Foundation seeks a Communications and Outreach Associate to utilize digital platforms, social media channels, print and video materials, and earned media to highlight the organization and its donor and nonprofit partners, amplify the Foundation’s thought leadership on key issues and promote a culture of engaged philanthropy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the communications team to produce high-quality messages and written and visual content for the Foundation blog, website, social media pages, e-mails, printed materials and more.
- Identify storytelling opportunities across the Foundation, research and obtain information needed to complete projects and adapt messaging for different audiences and mediums.
- Work strategically to grow the Foundation’s digital presence, maintain and expand social media engagement, track email marketing and web metrics and relay what worked and what could be improved.
- Create and manage the Foundation-wide social media calendar.
- Develop and support media and public relations activities including creation and dissemination of news releases, developing and maintaining media relationships and identifying stories for pitches.
- Exhibit excellent strategic judgement, creativity and know-how in utilizing a variety of communications tools and techniques.
- Help to maintain and distribute the Foundation style guide, including specifications on presentations, images, logos, etc. Apply the visual standards to a variety of digital and print communications platforms.
- Support the Foundation’s mission and purpose, demonstrating an interest in social issues and a passion for the power of strategic communications to contribute to social change.
- Help to update and maintain constituent database records.
- Provide communications technical assistance and training to staff as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of two years of work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, public affairs or a related field.
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills.
- Technologically adept, forward-thinking, and a multi-channel communicator with expertise across digital, social and traditional platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with digital communications tools (ex: MailChimp, WordPress).
- Proven track record of communicating complex ideas to a variety of audiences and diverse communities.
- Ability to help manage complex projects from beginning to end, meeting high-quality standards and deadlines and maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Creativity and a strong grasp of what makes compelling and actionable content.
- Lived experiences and/or personal understanding and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and a commitment to incorporating them into internal and external work
- Commitment to the Foundation’s core values and culture.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree or equivalent life and work experience.
- Experience executing, measuring and evaluating communications projects, including digital or online campaigns.
- Experience working with CRM and database systems and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluency in Spanish (both written and oral) considered beneficial.
- Basic graphic design, photography, and videography skills a plus.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This full-time, exempt position’s hiring range is $40,500-$50,000. Offered salary is commensurate with internal equity, internal salary ranges, sector benchmarks, and candidate’s relevant qualifications, experience and skills.
Rose Community Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision, and life insurance; short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan (including an annual employer contribution after one year of employment), flexible spending account, employee assistance program (EAP), generous paid time off including holidays, professional development opportunities and a matching gift program.