Odell Brewing Company | Social Media Specialist
This job post has expired
About Odell Brewing
Since 1989 OBC has empowered a culture of family and collaboration, fostering a brewery full of beer centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires us to create quality, handcrafted, and innovative brews. We’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers while making positive contributions to co-workers and our community through outreach and charitable giving programs. In 2015, we were named the “Best Medium Sized Company to Work For” in Colorado. We are the 19th largest craft brewer in the United States, are independent, and family and employee owned.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for the creation and optimization of social channels and digital content that connects with our audiences and grows the brand following of Odell Brewing’s portfolio of brands.
Reporting to the Community Manager, this position requires experience in brand marketing through social media, managing a social community, shooting photo and video with a DSLR camera, and a passion for craft beer, wine and hard kombucha.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of social trends, behaviors, and how they can be translated into engaging, thumb-stopping content that embodies our brand values. We’re looking for an innovative thinker who loves storytelling, connecting with people, capturing an audience, and creating original content in a collaborative environment. This position will support Odell Brewing, The OBC Wine Project, and play an integral role in the launch and growth of the Allkind Hard Kombucha brand.
• Concept, write, create and manage social media content across multiple platforms
(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
• Find new and innovative ways to tell the brewery’s story through copy, photos, videos,
graphic design and social media.
• Collaborate with the Community Manager and Design Team to shoot and edit photo &
• Capture docu-style photo and video content to share behind-the-scenes moments with
• Act as the brand representative and by monitoring social channels and engaging with
followers through comments and direct messages.
• Develop and manage social influencer relationships and sample programs.
• Use analytical tools to monitor, evaluate, and report on the company’s social media
presence and performance.
• Possesses up-to-the-minute knowledge of trends within the ever changing social
• Assist Community Manager with day-to-day needs and photography/video support.
• Serve as on-camera ambassador as needed or appropriate.
• Be mindful and intentional about creating inclusive content for our diverse audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, design, or related field.
• 4+ years experience creating branded content for digital platforms – Instagram
(Instagram Stories and IGTV), Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
• Experience with photography and video production for social and content marketing
o Writing and storyboarding concepts and creative direction
o Camera operating expertise with DSLRs
• Working knowledge of Adobe CS: Lightroom, Photoshop, & Premiere or Final Cut.
o After Effects preferred
• Hands on experience with social media content management platforms such as:
Hootsuite, Later, Sprout Social, etc.
• Proven track record of fan acquisition strategy.
• Experience with marketing strategies that are mindful of diverse audiences
• Experience managing a media budget and building ad campaigns with Facebook
• Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Proactive attitude with the ability to engage with co-workers to capture the moment
and tell our story.
• Must be a collaborative team player with an eagerness to learn and a willingness to
• Candidates will have a portfolio that demonstrates dynamic and engaging social
content, copy and campaigns.
• Employee Ownership Opportunity
• 401(k) with brewery match
• Health/Dental/Vision/Long Term & Short Term Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off – 14 days first two years, increasing with years of service
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Sabbatical at 10 years
• Parental Pay
Interested applicants, please submit completed application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] with “Social Media” in the subject line by Sunday, November 8th.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.