Dixie Brands | Senior Designer
About Dixie Brands: Dixie Brands has been the pioneer in infused cannabis products since our inception in 2009, leading the industry through research, education and advocacy, establishing ourselves as the trusted source for innovative, safe, effective and delicious cannabis-infused products.
What began as a single flagship product (Dixie Elixir) has now expanded to over 30 different products across over 100 SKUs, representing the industry’s finest edibles, tinctures, topicals and connoisseur-grade extractions.
We handcraft every product with pure, CO2-extracted THC, a process we’re proud of and we go way above and beyond the mandated batch testing for every product we sell, product consistency and accuracy are essential for cannabis brands. At Dixie, we’re a lot more than the producers of THC-infused products, we are the future of cannabis.
Dixie Brands – the Denver based pioneer and leader in handcrafted infused cannabis products – is looking for a creative rock star to join our rapidly growing team. We believe design is not only a source of competitive advantage but also a source of true brand love. To that end, we’re looking for someone with a demonstrated history of eye-catching, compelling and diverse design across multiple channels including branding, packaging, sales tools & consumer advertising. And when we say ‘rock star’, we mean it. We’re looking for someone with the ability (and burning desire) to develop a creative vision for our entire portfolio of brands, with the charisma and personality to execute that vision in a collaborative environment - with both internal and external partners - and the skills and work ethic to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty bringing that vision to life in a way that differentiates our brands, sparks intrigue and fuels brand love! Yes, we’re looking for a Unicorn. Does that sound like you? If so, we definitely want to talk!
The Snr Designer will provide creative leadership across the Dixie Brands portfolio, working collaboratively with brand managers, sales teams, compliance managers and other creative partners to create & execute a creative vision for the Dixie portfolio of brands and products.
As a custodian of our brand, the Snr Designer will advance Dixie's voice and visual aesthetic, combining art & technology to communicate inspiring, informative, and captivating messaging through advertising, packaging, in-store materials, sales collateral, website graphics, and more.
• Manage the briefing & creative review process capturing key requirements and establishing clarity around needs, timing, budgets & stakeholders.
• Prioritize work, resources & schedules across multiple workstreams and jobs to meet (or beat) agreed parameters & deadlines.
• Provide design services for a diverse range of projects & platforms, creating fresh & original designs and managing all edits.
• Manage & maintain stable of external partners – freelancers, specialists, agencies, etc. – to compliment internal skills and ensure optimal workflow & creativity.
• Preparing files to spec for and overseeing final production to required standards.
• Organizing, maintaining, distributing and archiving digital assets as required.
• Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross functional partners on strategies, ideas and specific needs.
-Creativity: You will invent new and evolve existing ideas for branding, advertising campaigns, marketing & sales messages. You need strong design & copy fundamentals while recognizing fresh approaches to messaging, engagement, communication and advertising.
-Innovative: Integrated marketing is ever-evolving so you will have your finger on the pulse in terms of developments & trends, looking at new data, channels, vendors & partners to ensure Dixie remains vital, getting & staying ahead of the curve.
-Decision-making & Organizational skills: You will manage multiple projects with numerous stakeholders simultaneously, each with their own timelines & budgets. You will need to make decisions on prioritization, scheduling & final output.
-Interpersonal Skills: You will meet with a variety of stakeholders and ‘clients’. Being a good collaborative communicator will be essential.
• 5+ years of design experience
• Ideal candidate has background in: regulated industry, food/beverage, pharma, lifestyle brand, or handcrafted brands
• Proficient in Adobe CS
How To Apply
Please email resume/portfolio to Andrew Floor, VP or Marketing. [email protected]