Colorado State University | Communication & Outreach Coordinator
The Communication & Outreach Coordinator must be an innovative problem solver with exceptional project management, superior writing, excellent planning and highly honed professional judgment skills. They will be an individual who takes initiative, possesses a “can-do” attitude and develops trust and confidence within the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, across campus, and among CSU’s external constituencies. This position will focus on initiatives in research, business development and continuing education programs. This person will provide central coordination of the institutes internal and external communication efforts, branding, marketing, and publication of materials for promotion, strategic partnerships, development and large gift cultivation and donor and alumni engagement, as well as information technology and networking services.
The Communication & Outreach Coordinator will also possess the demonstrated ability to independently design, implement, manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively coordinate teams and leverage support across reporting lines. They will have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to think strategically, to solve problems creatively and to recognize and seize opportunities quickly. This individual will thrive in an often changing, dynamic, customer-service oriented environment where he/she will have a high degree of accountability and decision-making responsibility. The purpose of this position is to design and drive outreach and communications initiatives for the Translational Medicine Institute (TMI) in coordination with the Development/Advancement and Communications groups in CVMBS.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in strategic communications, marketing and outreach efforts for a large or highly complex organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of writing, editing, proofreading, and tenets of journalism, including AP style.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Oracle and/or Outlook software.
- Ability to provide published writing samples which demonstrate a high level of professional acumen and broad knowledge of brand management and communication strategies
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, detail-oriented work in a timely fashion, meeting tight deadlines and stakeholder needs.
How To Apply
Applications should include 1) a cover letter addressing the applicant’s qualifications, 2) resume, and 3) name and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates. For full consideration, please submit application materials by May 10, 2021, 11:59 pm MT. To view full posting announcement, interested individuals should apply to the following link: jobs.colostate.edu/postings/86156
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.