Colorado Access | Senior Communications Specialist
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for strategic, timely, accurate communications of complicated business and operational issues, developing and maintaining effective, efficient and accurate content primarily, but not limited to internal staff communications. This position works closely with all members of the strategic communications team as well as others throughout the organization to develop and implement an internal communications strategy and plan.
· Strategizes and brainstorms effective methods to engage, inform and influence stakeholders. Develops, supports and guides strategic messaging.
· Supports communication needs for leadership, town halls, all-staff meetings and other Colorado Access functions and events.
· Conducts internal communication needs assessments.
· Creates and executes plan to meet internal communications needs.
· Executes internal communications plan for employees and develops key messages, talking points, scripts and newsletter articles and determines proper channels for employee communications (both staff and managers) consistent with plan.
· Develops and manages accurate, high-quality and consistent communication content and tools for use by both internal and external audiences through various media including print, web, digital, mobile and social.
· Consults and collaborates with internal business partners to develop content and communications strategy and plans based on company mission and strategic priorities. Builds and cultivates strong relationships with departments and key subject matter experts to develop appropriate messages and communications.
· Contributes to communication and training content development for multiple departments including, but not limited to Human Resources, Training and Development, Corporate Strategy and Marketing and Communications.
· Develops content for internal communications tools, including but not limited to staff e-newsletters, manager e-newsletters, and AccessNews. Handles light design work for newsletters, fliers and email templates.
· Responsible for the daily activities associated with communications, as well as coordination of communications strategy.
· Generates success metrics and uses fact based methods in providing counsel to improve internal communications and culture.
· Evaluates and improves communications efforts based on measurement approaches (surveys, focus groups, meeting evaluations, etc.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Equivalent combination of experience/education may substitute with a preference for seven years progressive relevant work experience.
Experience: Minimum five years’ internal communications/training experience. One to three years’ experience working in a health insurance, provider and/or non-profit environment strongly preferred. Prior experience building and implementing communication tools required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Demonstrates outstanding, professional-level written, verbal and presentation communication skills. Requires excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders and disparate sources to develop meaningful, plain language-based content for multiple applications including print, web, social media, PR, advertising. Successful track record navigating matrixed organizations. Proficiency in Mac/Windows platforms and MS Office applications. Ability to evaluate and implement new communications technology and tools. Strong project management skills. Demonstrates support for the company’s mission, vision and values. Effective facilitation skills in building consensus and developing communication solutions to meet business needs. Required to manage multiple complex priorities/projects simultaneously with tight deadlines. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Licenses/Certifications: A valid driver's license and proof of current auto insurance will be required for any position requiring driving.
Due to the pandemic, our employees are temporarily working at home. We require our workforce to reside in Colorado and telecommute, which may require you to come into the office as we serve our local communities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation: $40,000.00 - $73,500.00 annually. Pay rate/salary to be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a mission driven organization that serves our community, eligible Colorado Access employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
Medical, Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
Supplemental insurance such as critical illness and accidental injury.
Healthcare and Dependent care flexible spending account options.
Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D (employee, spouse and dependent).
Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage.
Voluntary Life Insurance (employee, spouse, dependent).
Paid Time Off
Tuition Reimbursement (based on eligibility).
Annual bonus program (based on eligibility, requirements and performance).
How To Apply
please apply directly with Colorado Access at : us60.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/coaccess/Posting/View/259