Amélie Company | Art Director
This job post has expired
Do you live, breathe and sleep ideas? We’re looking for a badass crafter of amazing things. You must have a proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment without eradicating all of your weekends. What’s that, you say? A place that actually wants you to have weekends? Like, to yourself?
Guilty as charged.
Now, we’re not saying you’ll never have to pull a long shift or sustain yourself on a steady diet of RiNO’s finest pizza. But what we are saying is this. If you live in Colorado, we believe you should actually be able to live in Colorado.
Let’s get to the nitty-gritty.
While you don’t have to be an expert designer, photographer, typographer, illustrator or production artist, you should have a good working knowledge and understanding of all these roles, and be willing to do whatever is necessary to assuage the onslaught of mediocrity.
It’s okay if you don’t know what assuage means, as long as you’re willing to look it up.
Above all, as an art director, you should be passionate and have your ego firmly in check. You say you’re a rock star? Go get a record deal.
Still with us? Good. You’ve already shown the ability to look up a word and demonstrate a modicum of humility. Last test. Are you willing to think in a media-agnostic fashion, unfettered by the confines of the numerous messaging platforms available to the modern-day communicator?
Alrighty then. Here’s what we’re looking for.
Reports to the Senior Art Director/CD
3 – 5 years of experience making beautiful things.
• Understand business objectives and audience demographics
• Be able to translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective concepts
• Be a team player and collaborate with fellow Amelieans to arrive at strong thinking
• Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, and creative execution based on the creative brief
• Design layouts for a variety of mediums (TV, Social, Digital, Print, OOH)
• Concept and design presentations both internal and to clients
• Maintain high standards of quality
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Be adept at presenting ideas internally and externally to clients
• Be able to give feedback and receive constructive feedback on productions (TV, Post Production)
• Be able to think in words as well as picture. Perfect spelling, although appreciated, is not a deal-breaker
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Basic knowledge of photography and a heightened appreciation for it.
• A proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle demands and deadlines
• Strong communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail
Not Mandatory but Good to Have
• Video production
• Web layout skills a plus
• A positive attitude and thick skin