Postmodern Company | Freelance Sound Engineer
This job post has expired
We are Postmodern Company, a full-blown production and post-production company in Denver.
We’re searching all across the land for a freelance audio engineer to join our ranks. Are you good at making things sound gooder? Are you a professional eardrum manipulator? Would you like to work with a crack team of creative, fun loving, libation swilling, production and post-production stalwarts?Then don't’ stop reading this. We need you.
We’re a tight team, with big capabilities and a broad history of great work. We work on a variety of projects and formats: commercials, digital campaigns, direct to brand, long-form television (unscripted), documentaries, VO, ADR, promos and whatever else people want to make sound better. Our senior freelance engineer will ultimately be responsible for dialogue edits, sound design with occasional foley recording, ADR, remote VO recording (aka Source Connect, ipDTL, etc.), music selection and editing, and mix passes for all of these types of media noted above. This talented engineer will be driving recording and mix sessions with clients in the room and independently. So, we’re looking for someone that plays nice with others and also enjoys some solitude.
Some of our audio projects come fast and furious. Being a client-facing position, we’re looking for someone local. We’re aiming for 16-24 hours of work a week for whomever fills this role.
Being a schedule contortionist is an indebted talent.
Ya’ gotta’ know, and/or have, and/or be:
• Pro Tools knowledge as though you assisted in the development of the software. Ok, not
really, but pretty intimate knowledge of it.
• At least 8yrs of client session experience. We talk, we laugh, we share stories, and we’re
professional with our clients. We occasionally help direct the talent alongside the client, elevating every project that comes our way. We need an engineer that can handle all this as second nature.
• Knowledge of the technical parameters of audio and video signals, compliance of NAB and ATSC A/85 loudness standards, and the demands of all media outlets.
• Complete understanding of surround sound, 5.1 editing, mixing, and beyond.
• Vast knowledge of 3rd party plugins for noise reduction, design, and mixing. Tell us what you
like to use to make magic happen.
• Able to fit into a workflow with production, video editing, motion graphics, and color
• Apple Logic is a staple tool
• Solid understanding of location sound is a bonus
• File management skills, OS and program updates, and a great relationship with Google will all serve you extremely well here.
• Sometimes you’ll have to be tech support during a tough moment. Or you’ll need to call tech support, so knowing how to play that game is helpful.
• Must be able to meet deadlines. Tardiness falls on deaf ears.
• Be organized. We have paper clips to help with this.
• Keep up with industry trends.
• Be outgoing and friendly.
• Be good at trivia. We need more wins under our belt.
• A good sense of humor is a must. We’re funny.