The Kind Display Co. | Operations Manager
This job post has expired
Job Type: Part-time; 10-20hrs/wk
Who We Are:
The Kind Display Co. is a custom packaging supplier specializing in the cannabis | CBD space. We design and manufacture everything from glass containers to printed folding cartons. We are a highly creative, fast paced group of individuals that share a common vision.
We believe packaging should be compliant, good-looking and waste not. Our packaging should leave brands, their end customers and the planet with Karma on their side.
The Operations Manager provides leadership and direction to vendors, warehouse, and shipping agencies. Develops departmental and functional policies and plans, and assesses day-to-day operational priorities.
• Create and submit Purchase Orders in Quickbooks
• Conduct weekly check-ins with vendors throughout production
• Review and approve product packing prior to shipping (carton markings, case packs, palletization)
• Maintain item log with box dimensions and weights
• Coordinate consolidated shipments between vendors as needed
• Create and submit Customer Orders in 3PL Central
• Coordinate and ensure timely delivery of customer shipments
• Supervise and monitor warehouse projects from initial direction through completion
• Conduct bi-monthly inventory checks to ensure inventory is accurate
• Alert warehouse staff and schedule inbound deliveries
• Provide warehouse team with new item information for set up
• Review the Order Receipts bi-monthly for accuracy/completeness
• Request air and ocean shipping estimates
• Track and review shipments on daily basis to ensure smooth delivery
• Complete and maintain shipping document records for customs entry
• Handle all communication with shipping agencies pertaining to inbound shipments
• Notify clients of upcoming deliveries to ensure someone is on-site to receive
• Alert clients in advance of late or delayed shipments
• Develop suggested order plans based on current inventory as needed
• Proficiency in Excel is required.
• Knowledge of operational processes, inventory management and logistics is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work autonomously
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn new skills on the job quickly
• Must have own computer with Microsoft Office
• Work from home
• Occasional visits to Denver warehouse required
Education and Experience:
• Minimum High school degree or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5 years of related experience preferred