Morris Animal Foundation | Graphic Designer
This job post has expired
ABOUT MORRIS ANIMAL FOUNDATION
Morris Animal Foundation is the oldest and largest non-profit source of funding for science that improves the lives of animals. Established in 1948 by Dr. Mark Morris, DVM, the Foundation has funded over 2000 studies and committed over $118M to research benefitting companion animals and wildlife. Based in Denver, Colorado, our staff of 35 professionals manages approximately 250 studies at any given time, including the Canine Lifetime Health Project, the largest and most far-reaching study run to date in veterinary medicine. Each year, over $7M of new research funding is committed through working practices that ensure only the most scientifically robust and impactful studies are supported. Building on this impressive and solid history, the Foundation is entering a new era. We believe with the increasing recognition of the vital role animals’ play in the lives of humans, extraordinary growth of our mission is not only possible, but imperative. There is a tremendous amount of work to be done, and we are focused on scalable and sustainable growth of revenues and programs to meet the need.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
• 20-30 hrs a week onsite
• A general understanding of brand marketing and brand strategy
• Ability to follow creative briefs
• Work within established brand guidelines
• Final print production and file delivery
• Create simple videos for web and social
• Ensure that all projects are delivered in a timely manner
• Promote and adhere to Foundation Core Values: Excellence, Respect, Compassion, Collaboration, Innovation, and Determination.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
• 2-3 years of experience with print and web design
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Suite and Mac OS
• Strong typography and layout skills
• Knowledge of current design best practice and trends
• Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with team
• Able to receive creative direction and design critique professionally
• Effectively handle multiple assignments at one time
• Strong attention to detail
• Writing and/or proofreading
• Illustration (computer and/or physical)
• Solid understanding of marketing/advertising tactics
• Part-time, hourly, non-supervisory position. Include hourly rate.
Morris Animal Foundation offers competitive pay with job growth and professional development opportunities for its employees. Our benefits package includes paid employee health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a matched 403b, a lifestyle spending account and, our favorite benefit, dogs in the office. Come be part of a compassionate and collaborative organization bursting with pride for its mission!