Lifetime Windows & Siding | Freelance Copywriter
At Lifetime Windows & Siding, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate that work as our freelance, in-house copywriter.
As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including TV, email marketing, radio, print, direct mail, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the marketing team to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging.
Thorough research on our product lines (Infinity from Marvin windows and doors, Marvin windows and doors, and James Hardie siding) will be required to understand how to present them in a compelling and inspiring manner. We need a copywriter who is a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
Our marketing goal is simple: Make the call center phone ring!
Objectives of this Role
• Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
• Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
• Learn to create and deploy email campaigns in Hubspot CRM
• Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by our target audiences
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of construction and home improvement industry trends
• Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
• Research and understand project objectives and target audience needs through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with Lifetime team members and subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
• Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials
• Collaborate with marketing team members from concept development to delivery of final product
• Help create and deploy email marketing campaigns using Hubspot CRM
• Present copy concepts and final deliverables to marketing team
• Revise copy based on feedback/direction
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
• Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
• Exceptional writing and research skill
• Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
• Proficiency in email marketing with Hubspot, Infusionsoft, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, or Klaviyo
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Email Marketing experience is highly preferred
• Social media or content marketing experience a plus
• Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
• Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
• A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
How To Apply
Please, email resume and portfolio (if available) to [email protected].