Barefoot PR | Web Development Contributor
Do you see life in HTML? Do you believe intuitive UX and responsive UI can change lives? Are you comfortable building interactive website features? Then you might be just the person Barefoot PR is looking for.
As our Web Development Contributor, you will work on an hourly basis on specific projects alongside our Design Director to build out web pages, custom templates and edit and maintain websites to help our nonprofit, government and community-minded for-profit clients share their stories with a variety of audiences. In collaboration with the public relations team, you will transform words and concepts into well-designed, functional websites. The keys to your success in this role are knowledge of relevant coding languages, collaboration, attention to detail and flexibility.
- Contribute to website design and development for clients including project management and building CMS sites (primarily WordPress)
- Website maintenance including updating/installing new themes for clients’ websites, content/code updates, troubleshooting website problems and managing apps/plugins
- Write well-designed, tested code incorporating best practices for mobile responsive design and web accessibility standards
- Translate and apply existing brand standards to web and digital platforms
- Collaborate with client design team and other design consultants
- Participate in client meetings
- Ensure work is tracked and deliverables are met for each client
- Minimum 3 years of web development experience, working with nonprofit and purpose-driven organizations is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Google tag manager/Google Analytics/SEO best practices
- Desire to collaborate with a team to achieve the best results for clients
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and find answers to tough questions
- Driven to deliver a high quality product, to support team members in their success and help grow the business
How To Apply
Email the following information to [email protected]:
- Link to portfolio or PDF work samples
- Answers to the following questions:
1. What is one way you creatively approached web design to meet a client’s needs?
2. What is one issue you care deeply about?