Amélie Company | Senior Project Manager
This job post has expired
Amélie Company is looking for a freelance Senior Project Manager. This position is remote and temporary/part-time, for a 12 week period, approximately from the end of February through June.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the flow of work through the agency. S/he assists the Account Team and Creative Lead in assigning a schedule of completion to each job as it is entered. Under the supervision of account and creative leadership members, the Senior Project Manager coordinates movement of all jobs through the account service and creative departments.
For traffic management, each week the Senior Project Manager (SPM) will attend an all agency project status meeting to go over a hot sheet the account team updates weekly. Everyone in the agency should receive this hot sheet each week via internal email and will go over it during a Monday Status meeting. After the meeting, the SPM will send, via email, the creative team a list of their weekly client/project responsibilities to accomplish.
The SPM tracks jobs from one step of completion to the next. As changes in timing or scheduling take place, SPM must be informed so an accurate schedule can be produced with the help of the account team and Creative Lead as needed.
For production management, the SPM will be responsible to support in the execution of print and ambient production projects as well as coordinating other production with external producers for works like video, audio, digital projects with outside vendors.
● Reviews daily work schedule with creatives and account team
● Reviews any job change orders from account managers/clients and copies to affected agency personnel
● Publishes a weekly production status report to advise all departments of schedules and job status
● Expedites all “crisis jobs”. Majority of work should flow through creative/production on a reasonable, scheduled basis, as directed and supervised by the creative director
● Notifies account managers when necessary to contact clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects
● Communicates regularly with account service about the current status of all jobs in progress in creative/production, based on input from production manager and creative director
● Reports any problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to account service, after being advised by production manager and/or creative director
● Retrieves client-approved materials from account managers to continue the production process. Makes sure all material is properly signed off as approved by account manager and client
● Notifies the account manager when a job is completed, so s/he can review and close the job
● Incorporates outside vendors or freelancers into the workflow process as needed with the proper approvals
● Enforces time management assigned to projects
● Arranges delivery of samples to client and agency personnel for all completed jobs
● Works with media department to obtain publications’ specifications and extensions when necessary
● Purchases art and understands royalty and copyright information
● Researches specialty items and purchases items for clients
● Responsible for managing production and other outside production partners
o Manages all day-to-day production activities
o Helps account/ producer and creatives coordinate communication
o Assists account/ producer in coordinating schedules of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines
Experience, knowledge, skills, abilities:
● Full working knowledge of in-house production processes
● Fast, experienced skill set and processes for collecting competitive bids from vendors
● Fluent in Mac operating system with PC experience a plus
● Ability to set and meet deadlines with co-workers and external vendors
● Must be able to take direction and work as part of a close-knit team
● Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask, eye for detail and previous traffic experience required