Public Relations and Marketing specialist. I have been a music and entertainment writer & personality for the Denver Post Reverb, Alternative Revolt Magazine, idobi Radio and PBS' "303 All Access". I have a corporate PR background with agency experience as well as over five years of event PR, Marketing and Event Planning. I am looking to stick in creative PR, Marketing or Advertising.
Marketing Director | Talent Buyer November 2011-Present
• Solely in charge of marketing, events and managing staff & events for Oak Tavern and 24k Lounge.
• Main talent buyer and expert on live music and celebrity bookings for all Lotus Concepts venues including Oak Tavern, 24k, Chloe and Suite 200.
• Oversee and manage all sponsorships, maintain relationships with radio/media, sponsors, corporate partners, record labels, talent agencies, fashion designers and talent.
• Write and distribute press releases for all Lotus venues including managing all press inquiries, photographers and media personnel.
• Coordinate the design of all advertising and print/digital marketing campaigns for events at Oak Tavern & 24k as well as all special events booked at all other Lotus venues. When needed create the graphics personally utilizing graphic design skills & proficiency in Photoshop, Word, iMovie, iDVD, etc…
• Utilize expertise of social networking and the Internet to build audience for events and effectively promote via various SNS’s.
Music Writer | Contributing On-Air Personality
Denver Post Reverb | Alternative Revolt Magazine | idobi Radio December 2009-Present
• Contributing writer for the Denver Post music section, Reverb. Review concerts, conduct interviews and music news articles for the Denver Post print editions and online music and entertainment section.
• Contributing writer for Alternative Revolt Magazine. Self-publish and edit all articles written for Alt Revolt. Specialize in rock and metal.
• Guest interviews for idobi Radio (40k-60k listeners per episode). Schedule, conduct and edit all interviews that air on idobi Radio (idobi.com). Select interviews replayed on Denver’s 106.7 KBPI.
Freelance Entertainment Publicist | Event Producer May 2008 – Present
• Use extensive knowledge of the music/entertainment industry along with technical PR background to plan and execute PR campaigns for clients including but not limited to: press releases, media advisories, viral marketing/publicity campaigns, press/radio/TV interviews, branding, media training, web site building, etc…
• Utilize entertainment industry contacts to book talent for events; also responsible for hosting talent and coordinating all press, riders and production schedules (appearances/signings/interviews)
• Work with a large and diverse network of media, businesses and music/entertainment professionals to plan and execute events including live music performances, fashion shows, non-profiit benefits, clothing launches, on-site promotions and extreme sports events.
• Utilize extensive social network and social networking expertise to market events & promotions.
Herman’s Hideaway April 2008-Winter 2010
Head Talent BuyerIMarketing & Public Relations Specialist
• Coordinate PR/marketing/promotion campaigns for weekly events at legendary Denver music venue Herman’s Hideaway; working regularly with local radio stations, publications and sponsors.
• Coordinate/execute and market events including Westword’s Best of the West, Alice 105.9’s Almost Famous Battle of the Bands, various CD release parties, showcases, benefits and fundraisers.
• Manage staff, talent and all associated parties in the coordinating, marketing and execution of all events.
• Manage general office/administrative duties including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling appointments and meetings for venue owner, faxing and managing contracts and supervising all vendor appointments and deliveries.
Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom September 2010-January 2011
Assistant Talent Buyer/Event Coordinator
• Plan and execute live music concerts, fashion shows, corporate events, film screenings and non-profits
• Work daily with national booking agents, local and touring artists, vendors, sponsors, media, radio stations, promoters and various businesses on event planning, sponsorship proposals, room rentals/sales and marketing & public relations plans for events at Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom.
• Oversaw general administrative duties of the main office and ticketing office at events.
JET Entertainment Group
Marketing Director—Wicked Garden Fall 2008- Spring 2009
• Primary responsibilities include overseeing planning and marketing of events via online, print, radio and street campaigns, booking artists, hosting events and acting as a liaison between all parties
• Work with a large network of entertainment industry partners to plan marketing campaigns and execute local/national celebrity appearances and concerts at Wicked Garden.
• Handled all details of promotions/branding of events at Wicked Garden.
Entertainment & Music Writer—Denver Post Reverb (Present)
Music Writer—Alternative Revolt Magazine (Present)
On-Air Contributing Personality—idobi Radio (Present)
303 All Access Producer/On-Air Personality—PBS/Free Speech TV (2011)
On-Camera Personality, Co-Executive Producer, Editer and Director for national PBS show “303 All Access”
Graphic Design—Promotional design work for events and promotional campaigns (Present)
Freelance Marketing/PR for Verizon Wireless (2009)
Lead Alliance Music Group (Freelance/Contract PR)—A&R/Events/Touring/Consulting (2009)
Part-time On Air Personality for “The Music Buzz Minute” on Indie 101.5 FM 2008- 2009)
Event Coordinator—Colorado Music Buzz Magazine (2008-2009)
Monster Energy Ambassador Team Colorado (2008-2009)
Nightlife Marketing/PR Specialist—Epoca/Caramelo/Buddha *Sevilla, Spain (Spring 2006)
Schenkein Public Relations—Internship (Summer 2006)
Kroenke Sports Enterprises—Community Relations Department Intern (Summer 2005)
Very skilled with: Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, iMovie,& general computer skills
Extremely proficient with the Internet and Social Networking Sites
Language skills: Spanish (conversational)
COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY, Fort Collins, Colorado (2006-2007)
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Concentration in Media Studies
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA, Columbia, Missouri (2003-2006)
UNIVERSIDAD DE SEVILLE, Seville, Spain (Spring 2006)