Water For People
Marketing & Design Intern (unpaid)
PROJECT OBJECTIVES: To assist Water For People’s World Water Corps Program in a number of areas, including:
• Design new format for all documents on TAP Portal. Revise and post on TAP Portal
• Design new format for all reports. Revise and post on TAP Portal
• Design new format for country packets. Revise and post on TAP Portal
• Design marketing materials for Water Quality and Water Resource Management
• Revise the World Water Corps volunteer handbook
• Redesign the main web page on the Water For People site
• Redesign the TAP Portal in line with the new volunteer hub
• Redesign the marketing brochures
• Assist in updating the social media accounts currently being used (Facebook, Twitter)
• Explore new ways for WWC to engage in social media
• Create three volunteer recognition profiles for the new Volunteer Recognition initiative
APPROXIMATE HOURS EACH WEEK: 8 hours/day, one day of the week (most likely-Fridays)
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Build an in-depth understanding of the importance and impact of social media and marketing on an international volunteer program as well as an international non-profit organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS NEEDED: Excellent organizational skills, in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, excellent communication skills, and basic HTML code experience
EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/International Relations or Development
• Required: Personal Computer with a recent version of Adobe Creative Suite downloaded
EQUIPMENT, TECHNOLOGY & SOFTWARE:
• Personal Computer, telephone, fax machine, copier;
• Advanced computer proficiencies with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
• Advance proficiencies on social media outlets Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Normal office environment;
• This assignment is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado but will the intern work from home the majority of the week.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining your experience and skill with Adobe, HTML and your interest in the position.
Would ideally like this person to start in early December.