Travelport offers paid summer and immediate need internships that are designed to gain insight into practical, business related experience to complement your major in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or Psychology. Travelport is seeking an intern who will work with the User Experience and Product teams on user interface solutions for Travel Consultant products including designs for computer, mobile and tablet applications.
• Create solutions that bridge the gap between visual, interaction and information design.
• Assist with innovative concepts for applying rich interface solutions and forward-thinking designs to help bring a long-standing industry to new standards.
• Entry-level understanding of current software development strategies and technologies.
• Comprehend emerging marketing, design and engineering capabilities and concepts and apply them to new solutions.
• Modify existing applications for additional features or enhancements
Qualified Candidates will possess:
• Actively pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science Information Sciences, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or Psychology or related major
• Strong academic performance. Minimum GPA 3.0
• Understanding of the full product development lifecycle
• Experience with desktop application, Web and/or mobile prototyping, HTML, CSS, , wireframing
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
• Research ability, problem solving skills, attention to detail and critical thinking abilities
• Energetic, self-starting, good communicator with solid presentation skills
Please send resumes to Reid Benes - Reid.Benes@travelport.com with the email subject "UX Intern" .