Intern Publicity & Public Relations
Assist the corporate communications and programming publicity department - including its events division - with implementing summer 2013 PR plan and campaigns, tactics, and ongoing departmental activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process and identify Starz photo library requests
2. Assist in drafting company tune-in alerts
3. Help in organizing departmental mail/newspaper/periodical organization
4. Assemble project clip Reports
5. Assemble daily clips
6. Write Starz Central internal communications stories; possible personnel announcements
7. Update corporate executive biographies and other corporate background materials
8. Manage Requests for Screening Room credentials
9. Fulfill print materials (for press mailings)
10. Event venue research and reports
11. Gift and premiums research, samples, orders
12. Talent travel – proofing itineraries, working with travel on finding flight options
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Freshman through graduate level course work at an accredited college/university with a major in Communication Studies, Public Relations or similar discipline; An academic grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale for the most recent academic session (quarter/semester);
• General computing knowledge for Windows platform and the Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to communicate effectively visually, orally and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and logical analysis