Intern Programming & Film Acquisitions
Primary Responsibility: Assist the Program Acquisitions department in all aspects of pre-buying content and perform tasks as needed with relation to film research and maintaining accurate title data. Additionally, this position will assist Network Operations as needed with departmental tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research and compile metadata for films that are being considered for acquisition.
• Research a film’s history in relation to Starz (previous license period, fee, etc.).
• Research for ad hoc projects.
• Assist with checking in screeners.
• Assist with maintaining acquisition’s tape vault.
• Contact film distributors for additional information regarding their submissions.
• Maintain various spreadsheets regarding potential acquisitions and update as needed.
• Assist Program Schedulers with viewing films for content.
• Assist Schedulers with title ranking reports using Cognos.
• Review 2013/2014 ideas and determine if there are stunt possibilities.
• Promotions Over Credits (POC) screening.
• Data Entry.
• Track spot delivery.
• PALS inventory management clean-up.
• Shadow editing session and/or attend a local shoot.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Freshmen through graduate level course work at an accredited college/university with a major in Film or similar discipline; an academic grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale for the most recent academic session (quarter/semester).
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project software applications.
• Internet research skills (familiarity with online film databases preferred, but not required).
• Film background preferred, but not essential.
• Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.